Breakfast Hash and Eggs in Bell Pepper Halves
Baking your food in half of a bell pepper will jazz up the meal and impress your friends.
A few simple prep steps:
- Cut bell peppers in half, remove seeds and ribs. Reserve about 25% of peppers for the hash.
- Place bell pepper halves in a baking dish with about 1/4 cup water.
- Bake bell peppers in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, remove.
- Shred small red potatoes. Heat Avocado Oil in a skillet. When hot add the potatoes and spread them out. Don’t continually flip and mess around with the shredded potatoes! When they are good and brown on the bottom, attempt to flip them (once) to the other side using a large spatula.
- Meanwhile, heat another skillet with butter or avocado oil and add a variety of diced veggies to the pan. I used bell pepper, onion, broccoli, garlic and also added chopped breakfast sausage. Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the bell pepper halves with the hash. Gently push down in the center to make room for the raw egg.
- Crack an egg and carefully slip it into the hash.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until egg is set. I finished the dish under the broiler for a few minutes.
Hot & Hearty Tomato Avocado Chicken SoupNovember 12th, 2017
Refreshing and Healthy Summertime BeveragesSeptember 23rd, 2017
Healthy Chocolate Ice Cream, Dairy-Free, Sugar-FreeSeptember 23rd, 2017
Roasted Butternut Squash with Sauteed Spinach and AsparagusSeptember 22nd, 2017
Breakfast Hash and Eggs in Bell Pepper HalvesSeptember 15th, 2017