Can Fabric Softener CAUSE Asthma?
Can fabric softener CAUSE Asthma?
According to Rebecca Sutton, PhD, EWG Senior Scientist, YES!
“Fabric softeners and dryer sheets coat our clothes with a subtle layer of slimy chemicals – in fact, that’s why they feel a little softer,” wrote Dr. Sutton in an article published by EWG, Environmental Working Group.
So what’s so bad about quats?
“The Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics, a leading international authority on asthma, calls these chemicals “asthmagens,” substances that can cause asthma to develop in otherwise healthy people.”
Fabric Softeners and Dryer Sheets contain Synthetic Fragrance
Dr. Sutton says synthetic fragrances are among world’s top five allergens. “It makes sense to avoid exposing kids unnecessarily to asthma-causing chemicals.”
Synthetic fragrance in fabric softeners and dryer sheets is really a chemical soup. The ingredient called “fragrance” can hide hundreds of untested chemicals that can alter and disrupt normal hormone function in people of all ages.
Leading Brands get GRADE F from EWG.org
Downy, Gain, Xtra, Legacy, Nice ‘n Fluffy, Sun & Earth, Up & Up, Amway, Bounce, Cling, Arm & Hammer, Walmart and more brands fail to remove these harmful chemicals.
Better, healthier options for the wash: Free Dryer Balls!
Skip expensive products with harmful chemicals that can cause asthma, allergies and other health problems.
In my home, I use two things to naturally soften clothes and reduce static.
1. Add 1/4 cup of white vinegar per load during the rinse cycle as a natural fabric softener.
2. Add a few drops of lemon or lavender essential oil to 2-3 wool dryer balls in the dryer.
Want free dryer balls?
Get the starter set of essential oils below and you will get
- Free ultrasonic diffuser
- Lemon and lavender essential oils
- 9 other essential oils that will round out your natural wellness kit
Mention this post to get the free dryer balls when you choose the Premium Starter Kit here.
Your gift will include 6 Organic Wool Dryer Balls
- Handmade Felt by 100% Organic Wool
- Unbleached, Non-Toxic
- No-Fillers, No-Chemicals, No-Synthetics
- Replace Toxic Fabric Softeners, Plastic Dryer Balls, Chemical-Filled Dryer Sheets
- Reduce Static and Wrinkles
- Absorbs Moisture into Fiber saving 15%-30% drying time
- Great for Sensitive Skin
- Last up to 1,000 loads or about 3 years
- Save Time, Energy & Money
Can Cinnamon Lower Blood Sugar or Help Improve Hemoglobin A1C?September 10th, 2018
MCT vs Coconut OilSeptember 6th, 2018
How to Make and How to Use Coconut Manna (Coconut Butter)September 1st, 2018
Eat Saturated FatAugust 29th, 2018