Liver Tonic Drink Recipe
Healthy way to start your day ~or~ a gentle liver tonic.
Try this gentle liver tonic drink recipe below!
Stress can harm your liver.
It may be psychological stress and it may be physical stress that comes from consuming a diet of processed food. Stress is connected to fatty liver disease. One animal study showed that stress-induced liver abnormalities were reduced by the addition of polyphenol-rich mixture of turmeric and green tea.
Turmeric is amazingly beneficial for the body in other ways as well.
Curcumin, a powerful antioxidant, is the active ingredient in Turmeric, the spice.
Curcuminoids are compounds in turmeric that give it the wonderful orange yellow color.
A study in the journal BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine showed that turmeric is effective in supporting the liver and it may be considered highly beneficial for people with a diseased liver.
Turmeric is also beneficial for digestion, IBS and inflammatory conditions. It will help lower cholesterol, it is heart protective, and it is important for brain health and inhibiting cancer cell growth.
Besides Turmeric – include Black Pepper and FAT!
Add black pepper to increase the bioavailability and usefulness to the body.
Black pepper’s Piperine and Turmeric’s Curcumin are amazing compounds that together bring health benefits including weight loss.
Turmeric is fat soluble but when consumed on its own, is not well absorbed.
The addition of fat to turmeric means that the turmeric will be absorbed better so that you get all the health benefits.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) is a great choice for this liver tonic drink.
Olive oil is rich in nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants and other health-promoting compounds.
We love the health-promoting benefits of high quality extra virgin olive oil.
As a rich source of omega-9 fatty acids, or monounsaturated fatty acids, are heart-protective, increase energy and even support happy moods and mental sharpness.
Olive Oil lowers the risk of some cancers dramatically. One study showed that the addition of 4 Tbs a day of EVOO will greatly reduce the risk of invasive breast cancer 68%.
Drinking EVOO in the morning will help keep hunger down. Combining it with Turmeric and Black Pepper is a winning combination!
The Whole Lemon, not just the juice!
Lemon for the win! The whole lemon, rind included!
Wash the whole lemon, roughly chop it into 4 pieces. Blending the whole thing brings in more benefits than just the alkalinizing, detoxing properties.
- Vitamin C to support a healthy immune system.
- pH balancing. Lemons help alkalinize your body.
- Limonene, a major component of lemons and found in the peel, is high in antioxidant power and has important health beneficial effects in lowering the level of oxidative stress.
- One 2017 journal (Food Chemistry Toxicology) reported that D-limonene might have a role in the prevention of the complication of diabetes in an animal study.
- The flavonoids in whole lemon may improve non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), according to a study (Sept. 2017 Biomed Pharmacotherapy).
You don’t need to look too far to find studies that have shown how ginger and its active compounds can exhibit anti-diabetes, anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger also showed beneficial effects on the liver and some NAFLD characteristics.
Adding 1 inch of ginger root (unpeeled). For this liver tonic there’s no need to peel the ginger.
Researchers found that the special compounds, such as gingerols and shogaols, are what give ginger its power. Ginger has Vitamin C, amino acids, nutrients like calcium, zinc, sodium, phosphorus, and many others.
Ginger is great for supporting digestion, weight loss, helping with blood sugar levels, and fighting cancer. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and is wonderful for joint pain, menstrual pain, sluggish liver and NAFLD as well.
Beneficial Essential Oils
There are many essential oils that can be consumed to help support the liver. Be careful, as most essential oils on the market may contain extraction chemicals or other ingredients that should never be consumed. I recommend the Vitality Dietary Essential Oils.
There are several Vitality Essential Oils that will support the liver.
One of the top choices is JuvaCleanse Vitality (Helichrysum, Ledum, Celery Seed).
In this recipe I chose two other oils that I love for liver support, Citrus Fresh Vitality and Rosemary Vitality.
Feel free to add JuvaCleanse (2 drops)!
Liver Tonic Recipe
Liver Tonic Recipe
Equipment, Blender (I have this high powered blender)
- 1 Lemon, washed, unpeeled, quartered
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Organic Turmeric powder
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, unpeeled
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp Organic Black pepper
- 3 drops Citrus Fresh Vitality essential oil
- 2 drops Rosemary Vitality essential oil
- 4 cups purified water or spring water
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Stevia
- There is no need to strain the drink, just swirl and drink!
- Day 1 – try drinking 16 oz first thing in the morning and another 16 oz an hour later.
- If that goes well for you, stay at that schedule or move to drinking the entire 4 cups in one serving, first thing in the morning.
Liver Tonic Drink RecipeJanuary 6th, 2018
One Day Cranberry CleanseOctober 23rd, 2017
How to do Oil PullingAugust 1st, 2017
Fresh Health Start – 21 Days to Wellness & Weight LossJuly 20th, 2017