Cancer-Causing Chemicals in e-Cigarettes – NOT Harmless Water Vapor
e-cigarettes – NOT safe or harmless.
e-Liquid, aka eJuice, What else is being inhaled????
- 70% Vegetable Glycerin
- 30% Propylene Glycol.
- 1% or less of Sucralose and/or Ethyl Maltol
- Artificial or Natural Flavoring
“Ingestion of e-cigarette liquids containing nicotine can also cause acute toxicity and possibly death if the contents of refill cartridges or bottles containing nicotine are consumed.”
Vivek H. Murthy, M.D., M.B.A. U.S. Surgeon General
myblu™ VIVID VANILLA LIQUIDPOD
The advertising says, “Vivid Vanilla is deliciously sultry, inviting and lightly aromatic for a taste that’ll perfectly complement your relaxation time.”
Ingredients: nicotine (not in the 0% liquidpod), propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin, natural and artificial flavors.
Carcinogenic Delivery Systems Marketed and Packaged to Appeal to Kids and Teens
Vape Stats 2017-2018
- 38% of high schoolers and 13% of middle schoolers have tried vaping – CDC
- Vape vapor can cause inflammations in the mouth, eventually leading to gum disease
Some vape devices look like a USB drive.
DEADLY. The e-liquid vaped contains carcinogenic chemicals.
31 Compounds Found – What are you inhaling?
These studies showed that aerosols generated with vaporizers contained 31 compounds, including nicotine (carcinogen), nicotyrine, formaldehyde, acetaldehyde (carcinogen), glycidol (probable carcinogen), acrolein (powerful irritant), acetol, diacetyl (carcinogen).
Heating/Vaporizing Glycerine creates glycol and acrolein.
Environ Sci Technol. 2016 Sep 6;50(17):9644-51. doi: 10.1021/acs.est.6b01741. Epub 2016 Jul 27.
This study found toxic metal concentrations in five, nationally popular brands of cig-a-like e-cigarettes
All of the tested metals (cadmium, chromium, lead, manganese and nickel) were found in the e-liquids analyzed
Environ Res. 2017 Jan;152:221-225. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2016.09.026. Epub 2016 Oct 28.
The added flavors may be damaging blood vessels
Damaged blood vessels increase your risk of heart disease and stroke.
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2018 Jun 14.
Atherosclerosis. 2016 Dec;255:179-185.
Electronic Cigarettes are Not Safe for Bystanders.
The cloud that people exhale from e-cigarettes exposes you to harmful chemicals that are not safe to breathe.
According to American Nonsmokers’ Rights Foundation,
- Electronic smoking devices (ESDs) do not just emit “harmless water vapor.”
- Secondhand aerosol (incorrectly called vapor by the industry) from ESDs contains nicotine, ultrafine particles and low levels of toxins that are known to cause cancer.
- ESD aerosol is made up of a high concentration of ultrafine particles, and the particle concentration is higher than in conventional tobacco cigarette smoke.
- Exposure to fine and ultrafine particles may exacerbate respiratory ailments like asthma, and constrict arteries which could trigger a heart attack.
- ESDs contain and emit propylene glycol. Short term exposure causes eye, throat, and airway irritation. Long term inhalation exposure can result in children developing asthma.
- Some studies show that heating propylene glycol changes its chemical composition, producing small amounts of propylene oxide, a known carcinogen.
- FDA scientists found detectable levels of carcinogenic tobacco-specific nitrosamines in ESD aerosol.
- Exhaled ESD aerosol contained propylene glycol, glycerol, flavorings, and nicotine, along with acetone, formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, propanal, diacetin, and triacitine.
- Many of the elements identified in the aerosol are known to cause respiratory distress and disease.
- Short term use of ESD has been shown to increase respiratory resistance and impair lung function, which may result in difficulty breathing.
- Concentrations of formaldehyde are higher than concentrations of nicotine in some samples of ESD aerosol.
- High doses of diacetyl, used to flavor buttered popcorn, have been shown to cause acute-onset bronchiolitis obliterans, a severe and irreversible obstructive lung disease when inhaled by workers exposed to particulate aerosolized flavorings containing diacetyl. Therefore, these chemicals cannot be deemed “generally recognized as safe” for inhalation.
- Continue Reading.
Secrets to help you Now! Weight Loss, Energy, Brain Power Boosters!December 10th, 2018
Getting the Toxins out of Your Skin CareNovember 29th, 2018
They Want Your GallbladderNovember 21st, 2018
Exposing the truth about Scentsy, Wax Melts and CandlesNovember 15th, 2018
Powerful ElderBerry Syrup for Cold, Flu, Respiratory InfectionsNovember 11th, 2018