Fake Butter and Microwave Popcorn
Ways “They” Are Trying to Kill Us
The Real Food Revivalist is very concerned about the food industry’s practice of incorporating chemicals into packaged food and passing it off as something that can be safely eaten.
(Wait, why am I talking in the third person like Miss Manners?)
When asked why she talks in the third person, Miss Manners replied, “You have to have some authority if you’re going to tell people something they don’t want to hear. So I distance myself and sound authoritative in order to get my point across.” The Real Food Revivalist thinks Miss Manners is a wise woman.
Did you notice the marketing spin on the former package of Parkay, “The flavor says BUTTER!” (but the ingredient list says, “I want to kill you.”). Now the package slogan says, “Fresh and Creamy Taste.”
Popcorn Lung, Anyone?
Research out of the University of Minnesota linked the “buttery” fake food chemical Diacetyl to Alzheimer’s in 2012. The study showed that Diacetyl promotes the formation of the beta amyloid plaques, the hallmark of the disease. The researchers found, “the troubling possibility of long-term neurological toxicity mediated by DA.”
Food chemists used Diacetyl chemical to impart “buttery” flavor to processed foods until the public cried out and lawsuits started to fly.
You may have read that microwave popcorn is linked to a serious lung disease, dubbed “popcorn lung” or bronchiolitis obliterans.
A man was eve awarded $7 million in a lawsuit against a microwave popcorn manufacturer and the grocery store where he bought the product.
“Popcorn lung” is a potentially fatal lung disease that causes scarring in the lung.
Popcorn factory workers were the first to be diagnosed. Hundreds became sick and some even died.
Then there were other non-factory workers who contracted this lung disease from opening a few too many bags of microwave popcorn at home or work.
Elaine Khoury worked for Blockbuster Video for five years. “Every Friday and Saturday, she would pop 30 bags of microwave popcorn in a small back room, then empty them into a popcorn machine to give the appearance that they had been freshly popped. Last year, a lung biopsy at the Mayo Clinic confirmed that she had full-blown bronchiolitis obliterans.”
We thought the food manufacturers removed diactyl, right?
Big Food just substituted one toxic chemical for another. The government knows that the substitutes are just as dangerous or even more deadly than diacetyl. In 2010 it was reported that one substitute, called 2,3-pentanedione, caused the same tissue damage as the original fake butter chemical. This information came from Dr. Ann Hubbs, a toxicologist at National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, or NIOSH. The institute is a branch of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
New Chemicals Replacing Diacetyl are Just as Toxic and Dangerous
- The new studies linking fake butter chemicals to respiratory damage, brain damage and Alzheimer’s are implicating substitute chemical, 2,3-pentanedione.
- Fake butter chemicals can be found in “milk, butter, cookies, crackers, chocolate, cocoa, powder, candy, potato chips, corn chips, margarine, shortening, oils, oil sprays, gelatin desserts, flavoring extracts, syrups and pet food,” according to Livestrong.
- Factory workers making fake butter are exposed to high levels of the dangerous chemical, but so are you when you eat some of these processed foods.
Quick! Somebody tell the authorities!
No worries, they know. The government conducted an investigation 14 (FOURTEEN!) years ago and said this,
“There are many different types of flavorings and most have not been tested for respiratory toxicity. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates food additives for safety when eaten, but it does not require testing by other routes of occupational exposure, such as inhalation.”
Gentle reader, The Real Food Revivalist would like you to know that it is best to hold your breath and ever so daintily pinch your nose closed so as not to expose your lungs to fake butter… or even let a morsel of fake butter touch your lips.
You, like Wayne Watson, may be popping away on a regular basis thinking you are eating a healthy snack.
Did you know …
One bag of microwave popcorn has 48 grams of quickly-digesting carbs
Enough to convert into 1 cup
of sugar in your bloodstream?
ConAgra is one of the Big Food bad guys.
ConAgra brings us health-depleting foods like:
- Slim Jim (Beef, Mechanically Separated Chicken, Water, Corn Syrup, hydrolyzed soy, sodium nitrite, Dextrose, Hydrolized Soy, Corn, and Wheat Proteins)
- Egg Beaters (rats fed Egg Beaters died of malnutrition)
- Banquet Frozen Food (Please look at the ingredient list for the turkey dinner, it will curl your hair.
- Reddi Wip (corn syrup, trans fats, MSG, carrageenan)
- Microwave popcorn
- Parkay Margarine
- SwissMiss (MSG, Trans Fats, Carrageenan, Maltodextrin, Hydrogenated Fat, Polysorbate 60, Mono- And Diglycerides.)
Yes, your Olive Oil Buttery Spread is Toxic too.
The ingredients often include corn oil and soybean oil and these are usually genetically modified.
The public cries out, Big Food saves the day by using non-GMO corn and soy along with their proprietary fake butter chemical.
Not natural. Still toxic.
Just enjoy the real, healthy, God-given fats like olive oil and butter. Period.
Corn oil promotes colon cancer
In fact, Dr. Colin Champ, oncologist, said in my podcast that researchers wanting to induce cancer in mice will feed them corn oil.
Argh! The American Heart Association and all the “health” trade groups recommend that we eat corn oil, soybean oil and canola oil.
Did they not get the memo?
- These three crops are mostly genetically modified, and are not safe.
- Did they not know that these oils are omega-6 fats and cause inflammation. Inflamed arteries lead to heart disease.
- Who’s on the payroll making these ridiculous food recommendations that we eat oils which are made in a factory using high heat and hexane to extract the oil, rendering them rancid even before they hit the store shelves? What about the studies linking these oils to cancer?
Do we need to wring our hands in worry?
No, just stop eating factory food and start eating a diet consisting of real food. Healthy animal protein (like grass-fed meat, wild caught fish, free range chicken), healthy fats (like organic butter, unrefined coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, extra virgin olive oil), vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds.
The reason you are eating fake spray butter and margarine is probably because you have believed the marketing-driven food messages saying God’s food is dangerous and factory food is healthy.
Eat Real Butter
Take charge of your health and learn how well the body responds to real food. Toss out the antiquated food pyramid and ditch the notion that we need to base our diet on 11 servings of blood sugar-spiking breads, pasta, crackers, cereals and crackers.
Get back to eating a diet that your ancestors ate, before we had the epidemics of heart disease, obesity and diabetes.
Want to learn more?
- Listen to my podcasts on iTunes
- Read the real food success stories on my website.
- Contact me for a consultation – local or long distance.
Real Food. Real Fat. A delicious way to really LIVE!Image courtesy of tiverylucky/ FreeDigitalPhotos.netTake the first step today.
Does Corn Oil Promote CancerMay 11th, 2017
Aczone – Wow – Fights Acne, but May Turn you BLUE!May 9th, 2017
Need Help – Fat Burning & Weight ManagementMay 1st, 2017
Should we Drink Water with Meals?April 17th, 2017