How to Make A Green Smoothie That Won’t Raise Your Blood Sugar
Smoothies are a HUGE part of my day.
A good smoothie to me always includes a fresh avocado to make it creamy. If you don’t like avocado, skip it.
You can add 2 Tbs Almond butter or additional coconut milk.
Add fresh or frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, etc.) and greens.
In the beginning if your taste buds need more sweet, you can add SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia or even 1/2 banana.
To use Liquid Stevia, start with a few drops, taste and adjust.
Add 1/2 – 1 cup Native Forest whole coconut milk plus another cup + of pure water.
I add 1 tsp Nutrex Hawaiian Spirulina powder per serving because it is pure, raw, and powerful.
It will give you energy, antioxidants and nutrients galore!
Buy only spirulina from Hawaii to avoid heavy metal contamination from junk spirulina coming out of Asia and other places.
I add quality protein powder like Raw Protein or
collagen peptide powder or organic pastured raw eggs
My Basic Smoothie
- 2 cups raw organic baby spinach, romaine, or other greens
- 1 tsp Spirulina, Nutrex Hawaii
- 1/2 cup berries, frozen
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 cup whole coconut milk, canned
- 1 scoop protein powder or 1-2 scoops pastured raised Collagen Peptides
- Water to blend
- Stevia drops to sweeten, if needed
Other great mix-ins are
- A little ground flax seed or soaked chia seeds or both
- Bragg’s or Lewis Labs Nutritional Yeast, 1 Tbs
- 1-2 Tbs raw almond butter
- Try adding different vegetables, as your blender can handle (carrots, celery, cucumber, tomato)
- 1 tsp L-glutamine powder (nourishes digestive tract, helps with muscle recovery and reduces cravings)
If you have a powerful blender, like the VitaMix, then you can add any other vegetables that you like. I usually add carrot, celery, and cucumber.
What Do They Eat in the Fattest City?August 7th, 2017
Instant Pot Recipes – Grain-free Dairy-free Paleo Real FoodJuly 15th, 2017
Healthy Chocolate Ice Cream, Dairy-Free, Sugar-FreeJune 25th, 2017
Tender Savory Baked Chicken ThighsJune 21st, 2017
Tangerine Vanilla Pound Cake – Grain-free, Dairy-freeJune 21st, 2017