Make Your Own Almond Milk
Almond Breeze and other brands of packaged almond milk have too many ingredients and preservatives.
Almond Breeze has soy lecithin, Carrageenan and Natural flavor (which is code for “it probably isn’t natural”).
I was inspired by my friend, Terri, to make my own almond milk years ago and I was amazed how fast it can be made and how much money I saved.
Almond Breeze costs 8 cents an ounce.
Homemade almond milk, with no additives, costs half that!!
Plus recent news reports that most commercial almond milk has barely any almonds!
There is even a lawsuit pending!
“The lawsuit alleges that Blue Diamond milk (one of the major nondairy milk brands here in the U.S.) is actually only 2% almonds.”
If you like almond milk, make your own. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked 4- 8 hours or overnight (organic is best).
- Soaking removes the enzyme inhibitors that might make raw nuts hard to digest.
- 4 cups filtered water
- Drain and rinse soaked almonds.
- Place in a blender with 4 cups water, and blend on high speed for 15 seconds.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer or nut milk bag.
Add 1 tsp organic vanilla
To sweeten try one of the following:
- Add 1.5 tsp 100% Pure Maple syrup
- Add 1/4 c pitted dates, soaked for at least 1 hour, to step 1.
- Add 1 Tbs raw honey.
Strawberry Almond Smoothie
- almond milk,
- a scoop of Collagen Peptides
- some frozen strawberries.
Nut Milk Bags, here.
Secrets to help you Now! Weight Loss, Energy, Brain Power Boosters!December 10th, 2018
Getting the Toxins out of Your Skin CareNovember 29th, 2018
They Want Your GallbladderNovember 21st, 2018
Exposing the truth about Scentsy, Wax Melts and CandlesNovember 15th, 2018
Powerful ElderBerry Syrup for Cold, Flu, Respiratory InfectionsNovember 11th, 2018