Natural Help for Eczema
Surprise! You fix your skin from the inside out.
Eczema is often due to allergies/food sensitivities and dysbiosis in the gut.
First thing, identify food sensitivities by eliminating the following foods 100% from the diet for four weeks:
- gluten (all grains, especially wheat, barley, rye)
- artificial anything
- processed food
- possibly nightshades too
Often food sensitivities are playing a role in eczema.
Ideally, Go GRAIN FREE!
Once food sensitivities have been identified, remove these foods from your diet. Food sensitivities indicate that you may also have intestinal permeability, or leaky gut, and possible candida overgrowth.
- These are complex issues. I recommend working through these concerns with the help of a naturopathic physician or skilled practitioner.
Healing the gut:
- Bone broth, homemade, 1-2 cups per day (to heal and seal the leaky gut, and provide minerals as well as collagen and building material)
- When you can’t make bone broth, use Collagen Peptides from grass-fed cows.
- Glutagenics or l-glutamine powder, 1 tsp/day in beverage (nourishes the gut)
- Aloe Vera juice: Lily of the Desert, 2 oz in glass water/day (soothing and healing to the gut) about 4000 mg
- Make sure you have enough stomach acid. Do the betaine HCl test and supplement accordingly with each meal.
- Take probiotics daily, like Pro-5, or Probiotics Complete.
Other Helpful Supplements and Foods:
- Supplement with a good Vitamin B complex, needed for healthy skin and circulation.
- Supplement with Carlson Cod Liver Oil
- Vitamin D3 and K2
- Other helpful vitamins: Buffered Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Zinc.
- Add these fats: Evening Primrose Oil and flaxseed oil
- Make herbal infusions and drink nettles, rosemary, cleavers
- MSM Powder or MSM Capsules.
- Genesis Lotion contains MSM and essential oils to promote soft, healthy skin
- Apply Bragg’s Raw Apple Cider Vinegar to skin
This is just a start…
Whenever we have a health concern we want to support the body with a real food way of eating.
There are supporting supplements and beneficial essential oils that can be used to help raise our wellness level.
It can be like peeling back the layers of an onion, so be patient and work through the steps above.
Get to the bottom of your issues.
Allow the body to fix what is wrong!
photo courtesy of arztsamui, freedigitalphoto.net
Should we Drink Water with Meals?April 17th, 2017
Hidden Artificial Sweeteners Are Making You Sick & FatApril 14th, 2017
Photos: See Me Get Mercury-FreeApril 1st, 2017
Runny nose, watery eyes? You know that spring has arrived.March 3rd, 2017
How to Unclog Your Drain without ChemicalsFebruary 27th, 2017