Natural Support for Urinary Tract Infections
More than 50% of women will experience a urinary tract infection in their lifetime. Avoid taking antibiotics which damage the good bacteria in your gut, opening the door to issues like “leaky gut” or dysbiosis. Antibiotics can lead to yeast infections and not produce the healing your are hoping for.
If you suffer from urinary tract infections (UTIs) regularly, there is a root problem not being addressed. I recommend a nutrition consultation for chronic UTIs.
Stock your cupboard with a few natural products so that you are ready when you first feel that little twinge.
For urinary tract infections
I recommend using Clear Tract, d-mannose (10 – 50 times stronger than cranberry),
or birch bark xylitol instead of cranberry juice.
Cranberry works but not as well as xylitol or ClearTract.
Cranberry juice has fructose sugar present, even in the unsweetened juice.
Your best opportunity to stop a urinary tract infection is in the first 24 hours. At the first hint of something wrong, get to work with the strategies listed below.
Have ClearTract or a bag of xylitol on hand and begin using immediately when infection is suspected.
How to Use Xylitol for UTI
- At the first hint of infection, add 2 tsp of xylitol to a glass of water and drink.
- Xylitol is still a processed sugar, do not fall in love with this!
- Using xylitol regularly may cause gas, bloating and digestive upset!
- Look for xylitol from birch bark made in the USA or you are likely to get xylitol made from GMO corn and possibly coming from China.
Sugar depresses your immune system. Starve the bacteria by cutting the sugar, grains, corn and flour from your diet.
No sugar, sweets, breads, cereals, pasta, chips, popcorn
No soda, juice, flavored water, carbonated beverages, alcohol
No dried fruits
No starchy vegetables like white potatoes
Because of biochemical individuality you may be able to tolerate some whole fruit. Eat no more than 1-3 pieces per day of low-glycemic fruits like berries.
Enjoy fresh meat, vegetables, nuts, seeds, water, herbal tea, organic butter or ghee, raw unrefined coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil and Mac Nut Oil.
Eat Asparagus for UTI
Asparagus for Urinary Tract Infections. Photo Livestrong
Asparagus has antioxidants and is a natural diuretic. This will help with the formation of urine in the kidneys and assist the body in detoxing. Asparagus contains inulin which is beneficial in supporting your healthy gut microbes.
- At the first hint of an infection, increase your water consumption and start hitting the infection hard with natural medicine.
- Add 1 Tbs Bragg’s raw apple cider vinegar to water a few times a day for beneficial probiotics and enzymes
- Drink 8 oz. of filtered water every hour. (Tap water has chlorine and chemicals and toxins that disrupt your probiotics).
- Drink herbal tea like Echinacea, goldenseal or Pau d’arco tea several times a day.
- Add 1 – 2 tsp. of coconut oil to your tea. Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties due to the lauric acid.
- Try making herbal infusions with cleavers herb.
- Daily, take a good probiotic like Life 9 or Complete Probiotics
- Vitamin D3 5,000 IU per day. Always take K2 with D3.
- Carlson’s cod liver oil (fight inflammation), Essential fatty acids – healing, preventing fungus from destroying cells
- Nutiva unrefined organic coconut oil (antibacterial and antimicrobial properties), work up to 1 – 3 Tbs per day
- Vitamin C, buffered (fights infections and needed for repair)
- Magnesium glycinate
- Colloidal Silver
- Kyolic Aged Garlic
- K & B™
- is formulated to nutritionally support normal kidney and bladder health.* It contains extracts of juniper berries, which enhance the body’s efforts to maintain proper fluid balance; parsley, which supports kidney and bladder function and aids overall urinary health; and urva ursi, which supports both urinary and digestive system health.* K & B is enhanced with therapeutic-grade essential oils.
Urinary tract infections seem to strike without warning.
Don’t be caught unprepared.
Stock your cabinet with a few things that you can use to support your body when you feel that little twinge and maybe you can head it off early.
Natural Wine – Dry Farming, No IrrigationOctober 12th, 2017
Life Change From the Comfort of Your Home – On-line ClassOctober 4th, 2017
Refreshing and Healthy Summertime BeveragesSeptember 23rd, 2017
Balance Your Underactive Thyroid NaturallySeptember 19th, 2017
My Dog Licked a Toad – Seizure! Foaming at the Mouth!September 17th, 2017