Smoothie for a Meal: Veggie-Packed Green Protein Smoothie
If your smoothie is made with fat-free yogurt, juice, bananas and pineapple it is really a blood sugar spiking shake instead of a meal or adequate snack.
Without fat, protein and vegetables you are missing out on key nutrients that nourish the body, fuel the brain, satiate the appetite and keep blood sugar levels even.
Try adding quality protein, like Collagen Peptides, and quality fat, like canned coconut milk and/or avocado along with some vegetables and you will have a balanced smoothie that satisfies hunger and floods the body with nutrients.
In the beginning, keep it simple when it comes to the veggies try just baby spinach. As your taste buds adjust, try adding different vegetables and using lower amounts of fruit. A few drops of SweetLeaf Stevia will help improve the flavor.
I also like adding a little vanilla or raw cacao powder.
Here is the smoothie that I made today. This recipe makes 3 – 4 servings that are 15 – 20 ounces each.
- 1/2 can Coconut Milk, full fat
- 1 avocado
- 2 handfuls of dark green leafy veggies (I used an organic mix that includes Swiss Chard, TatSoi, Arugula, Spinach)
- 1 – 1.5 cups frozen berries
- 4 Scoops Collagen Peptides
Advanced Smoothie Additions
Add one or all of the following ingredients to the Basic Smoothie Recipe
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 2 Tbs ground seeds (flax, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
- 2 Tbs hemp hearts
- 1 Tbs Hawaiian Spirulina (Like a multi-vitamin, this blue-green algae provides a variety of beneficial nutrients and protein)
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 4 scoops Collagen Peptides
This recipe is easily blended by the VitaMix. If your blender is smaller or less powerful, you may not be able to blend all of the ingredients well.
What is Wasabi Paste? How to find a good brand.June 29th, 2018
Gut Soothing Gelatin made with Grass-Fed Beef GelatinMay 20th, 2018
Better Than Botox, Collagen Gelatin, and Bone BrothSeptember 24th, 2017
Chia Super Food for Energy, Weight Loss & MoreSeptember 8th, 2017