Smoothie for a Meal: Veggie-Packed Green Protein Smoothie
If your smoothie is made with fat-free yogurt, juice, bananas and pineapple it is really a blood sugar spiking shake instead of a meal or adequate snack.
Without fat, protein and vegetables you are missing out on key nutrients that nourish the body, fuel the brain, satiate the appetite and keep blood sugar levels even.
Try adding quality protein, like Collagen Peptides, and quality fat, like canned coconut milk and/or avocado along with some vegetables and you will have a balanced smoothie that satisfies hunger and floods the body with nutrients.
In the beginning, keep it simple when it comes to the veggies try just baby spinach. As your taste buds adjust, try adding different vegetables and using lower amounts of fruit. A few drops of SweetLeaf Stevia will help improve the flavor.
I also like adding a little vanilla or raw cacao powder.
Here is the smoothie that I made today. This recipe makes 3 – 4 servings that are 15 – 20 ounces each.
- 1 can Coconut Milk, full fat
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 handfuls of dark green leafy veggies (I used an organic mix that includes Swiss Chard, TatSoi, Arugula, Spinach)
- 1.5 cups frozen fruit
- 4 Scoops Collagen Peptides
- SweetLeaf Stevia, 3-5 drops
Advanced Smoothie Additions
Add one or all of the following ingredients to the Basic Smoothie Recipe
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup cauliflower
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbs ground seeds (flax, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
- 6 Brazil Nuts (high in selenium, benefits the thyroid gland)
- 1 Tbs Hawaiian Spirulina (Like a multi-vitamin, this blue-green algae provides a variety of beneficial nutrients and protein)
- 3 scoops L-Glutamine Powder (reduces cravings, nourishes the cells lining the gut, help with post-workout recovery)
This recipe is easily blended by the VitaMix. If your blender is smaller or less powerful, you may not be able to blend all of the ingredients well.
Chia Super Food for Energy, Weight Loss & MoreSeptember 8th, 2017
Great-Tasting Stevia – Dessert RecipesMay 3rd, 2017
Easy Dessert – Strawberries dipped in SunButter and CoconutApril 24th, 2017
Easy Chicken Soup with VegetablesApril 23rd, 2017