Cricket Flour – Bars, Sweet Potato Pecan Bread vs Quest and LaraBar
I am always on the hunt for a protein bar that is gluten-free, junk-free.
I recently discovered Exo Protein Bars.
I tried several Exo bars and enjoy the taste. I appreciate that it is a gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free protein bar.
For me it is an emergency food, since the carbs are a little high.
Compare pricing on the company website and check for coupons. ExoProtein.com
Carbs, Protein, Fat content in Exo Protein Bars
- 10 grams of protein from Almonds/Peanuts and Cricket Flour
- 14 – 20 grams of fat
- 23 grams of carbs in the Blueberry Vanilla
- 23 grams of carbs in Cocoa Nut
- 26 grams of carbs in the Apple Cinnamon
- 28 grams of carbs in the Peanut Butter and Jelly (not recommended*)
Almonds and Cricket Flour (40 crickets per bar) for three of the bars.
Peanut and Cricket Flour for the Peanut Butter and Jelly bar.
- *I don’t recommend peanuts (potential allergen, potential mold contamination).
- This bar is also higher in carbs, 28 grams.
- LaraBars generally have only 4 grams of protein and up to 31 grams of carbs for similar flavors.
- LaraBar is sadly owned by Big Food, General Mills. GM brings us fine foods like Bugels and Count Chocula.
NaturalNews reported, “many of these brands are now owned by large corporations that are contributing funds to prevent the labeling of GMOs in our food supply….General Mills, the company that owns Larabar, is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to defeat proposition 37, the GMO labeling initiative, in California”
- Protein Source: Whey
- 24 grams of carbs (disregard the thought, “but it only has 7 grams of Net Carbs!” Measure your blood sugar 30 and 60 minutes after eating this bar. I had a blood sugar spike that says it was not 7 grams.)
- 20 grams of protein
- Natural Flavors – whatever that means.
- Crickets have the most complete protein and iron content of many other insects.
- Insect protein is sustainable.
- Read more
Yes, you can buy Cricket Flour
How do crickets become cricket flour. Here’s what I read:
Cricketerra’s crickets are raised on FDA-registered farms and fed a diet of vegetables in hygienic conditions.
Crickets are pressure cooked & ground into a fine cricket flour.
Cricketerra cricket flour is 100% pure crickets.
It takes approximately 1,100 crickets to make this bag of 100% pure cricket flour.
Make Cricket Flour Sweet Potato Pecan Bread
In my mind, there’s no reason to eat insects that still look like insects, like this recipe for Grasshopper Kabobs.
No Crickets – Protein Bar with seeds and nuts
- Try coupon code 15ME for 15% off
Natural Wine – Dry Farming, No IrrigationFebruary 20th, 2018
Purple Lips & Wine’s Dirty SecretsFebruary 19th, 2018
Stop Using Cosmetics with Toxins and Hormone DisruptorsFebruary 7th, 2018
Barbecue Chicken Wings – Sauce Recipe – Gluten-free, Dairy-free, PaleoFebruary 6th, 2018
Golumbki – Stuffed Cabbage – Recipe PaleoFebruary 6th, 2018