EWG Dirty Dozen Cancer Prevention
EWG came out with the Dirty Dozen Cancer Prevention
The list from EWG includes:
1. BPA (plastic, can linings)
2. Atrazine (Corn in U.S.)
3. Organophosphate pesticides (buy organic!)
4. DBP (flexible plastic like shower curtains, rain coats, plastic wrap)
5. Lead (filter your drinking water, exposure to old paint)
6. Mercury (amalgam fillings, some vaccines, some fish)
7. PFCs (coatings used to be grease- and stain-repellents like fast food wrappers, Gortex, Teflon, Stain- or Water-repellent clothing and fabrics, Microwavable popcorn bags)
8. Phthalates (soft plastic, “fragrance” – perfume, deodorant, carpeting, IV drip bags, cosmetics, bath/body care)
9. Diethlyhexyl Phthalate DEHP (alter thyroid hormones found in products with “fragrance” Cleaning products, air fresheners, personal care products)
10. PBDEs (Foam products made before 2005: furniture, mattress, pillows, carpet padding, electronics)
11. Triclosan: Antibacterial soaps, hand sanitizers, toothbrushes, toys, cutting boards, personal care products)
12. Nonylphenol (Detergents, paints, personal care, plastic)
This is why I got my mercury fillings removed.
This is why I hate mercury (thimerosal) in vaccines.
This is why I threw out teflon coated pans.
This is why I filter my drinking water.
This is why I avoid plastic food storage and use Glass Lock when possible.
This is why I don’t use products with “fragrance” and opt for pure essential oil-infused products.
Chemical Free Home & Body Class
Runny nose, watery eyes? You know that spring has arrived.March 3rd, 2017
How to Unclog Your Drain without ChemicalsFebruary 27th, 2017
March Fresh Health Start – 21 Days to Wellness & Weight LossFebruary 25th, 2017
Oxalic Acid and Kidney Stones and Mineral AbsorptionFebruary 22nd, 2017
Carb Cravings & SolutionsFebruary 20th, 2017