How to Stop Smoking with Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
Is it Time to quit smoking?
This time it can be different and actually be easier with lasting results!
Tips and Supports
Here are a few tips that will be very helpful to you as you quit smoking cigarettes.
- As soon as you wake up in the morning begin with 20 minutes of oil pulling with a drop or two of Thieves essential oil added.
- After oil-pulling, brush teeth for 5 minutes with Dentrome or AromaBrite Toothpaste
- Use Thieves Mouthwash
- During the day diffuse Peppermint and Thieves (4 drops of each) around you.
- During the day, brush your teeth and use mouthwash every 3 to 4 hours.
Peppermint Vitality on the Tongue
A drop of Peppermint Vitality on the tongue can be very supportive.
For those who have been smoking menthol cigarettes, the peppermint on the tongue can be inhaled into the lungs to open things up and give the flavor that the body is used to getting.
Another benefit of using a drop of peppermint on the tongue is that it satisfies the need to engage the hands. Plenty of ex-smokers talk about how they miss holding a cigarette in their hands, bringing it to their lips and inhaling. Taking a bottle of Peppermint Vitality in your hands and bringing it to your mouth to deliver the drop is a way to satisfy the brain’s desire for ritual.
Also, when the craving is really strong, an alternative to peppermint is Thieves Vitality on the tongue.
The Emotional Piece
To combat feelings of agitation, try aromatherapy. These essential oils will help you deal with the emotional piece of quitting smoking.
Peace & Calming or Peace & Calming II
Stress Away essential oil blend
Roman Chamomile essential oil
Harmony essential oil blend
- Apply a few drops of oil to the bottoms of your feet at bedtime.
- Apply a few drops of Joy over your heart in the morning.
- Apply Stress Away to your wrists and neck during the day
- A study was published in Drug Alcohol Depend. 1994 Feb;34(3):225-9.
- Authors: Rose JE, Behm FM.
- Title: Inhalation of vapor from black pepper extract reduces smoking withdrawal symptoms.
In this study we investigated the subjective effects of a cigarette substitute delivering a vapor of black pepper essential oil.
Forty-eight cigarette smokers participated in a 3-h session conducted after overnight deprivation from smoking.
Subjects were randomly assigned to one of three conditions:
- one group of smokers puffed on a device that delivered a vapor from essential oil of black pepper;
- a second group puffed on the device with a mint/menthol cartridge, and
- a third group used a device containing an empty cartridge.
Subjects puffed and inhaled ad libitum from the device throughout the session during which no smoking was allowed.
Reported craving for cigarettes was significantly reduced in the pepper condition relative to each of the two control conditions.
In addition, negative affect and somatic symptoms of anxiety were alleviated in the pepper condition relative to the unflavored placebo.
The intensity of sensations in the chest was also significantly higher for the pepper condition.
These results support the view that
respiratory tract sensations are important in alleviating smoking withdrawal symptoms.
Cigarette substitutes delivering pepper constituents may prove useful in smoking cessation treatment.
Are you ready to start using Essential Oils to Support your ability to stop smoking?
Get the Premium Starter Kit and you will get Thieves, Peppermint, Stress Away plus 8 additional oils to support your health and wellness. You will also get the diffuser shown ($80 value) and other samples and goodies. If you would like to also use the toothpaste, mouthwash, Black Pepper oil or other emotional oils, they can be added on once you confirm your starter kit and diffuser HERE.
Essential Oil Distributor for Young Living, serving United States Ecuador Mexico Austria Finland Germany France Netherlands Romania Spain Sweden United Kingdom England Costa Rica Italy Portugal Poland Austria Belgium Croatia Cyprus Hawaii Alaska Estonia Greece Hungary Ireland Latvia Lithuania Malta Iceland Monaco Norway Australia Hong Kong Malaysia Singapore, TN, SC, NC, KY, IL, IN, NY, CA, UT, AL, LA, TX, AK, HI, OR, WA, Washington DC, RI, NJ, ME, CO, NM, AZ, WI, MI, AR, CT, DE, FL, GA, ID, IA, KS, MD, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NY, ND, SD, VT, VA, WV, WY
How does young living compare to doTerra Mountain Rose Herbs NOW
Balance Your Underactive Thyroid NaturallySeptember 19th, 2017
Motivation Essential OilAugust 18th, 2017
Layering Essential OilsAugust 17th, 2017
Natural Progesterone and DHEA OptionsAugust 13th, 2017