Super K with Advanced K2 Complex
- Proven to be as effective as prescription drugs in reducing the incidence of bone fractures.
- Vitamin K shows promise in the prevention and treatment of numerous cancers, including prostate cancer.
- In Japan Vitamin K2 is often utilized to halt bone loss and prevent fractures.
- K2 (MK-4 form) supports cardiovascular and bone health
- K2 (MK-7 form) is exceptionally long-lasting and reaches higher levels in blood
- Vitamin K helps regulate calcium balance, keeping calcium in the bones and out of the arteries.
- Insufficient vitamin K accelerates arterial calcification, while restoring vitamin K2 can help reverse arterial calcification.
- When supplementing with oral Vitamin D3, it is important to also take Vitamin K2
- Vitamin D3 helps you absorb calcium and Vitamin K2 helps direct the calcium to the bones where it belongs and sweeps it out of the arteries where it does not belong.
Ideal Forms of Vitamin K2
In recent years, two forms of vitamin K2 have been extensively researched and the findings reveal vastly improved effects compared to K1.
- The MK-4 form of vitamin K2 is the most rapidly absorbed and is now routinely used in Japan to maintain healthy bone density.
- MK-4, however, only remains active in the blood for a few hours.
- The MK-7 form of K2, on the other hand, remains bioavailable to the human body over a sustained 24-hour period24 and to higher levels (seven- to eightfold) during prolonged intake.
- Both MK-4 and MK-7 have demonstrated remarkable health benefits when studied in human populations.
As people age, even a subclinical vitamin K deficiency can pose risks to the vascular system.
Vitamin K2 (menaquinones) is found in meat, eggs, and dairy products and is also made by bacteria in the human gut, which provides a certain amount of the human vitamin K requirement.
Human studies show that vitamin K2 is up to ten times more bioavailable than K1.
Vitamin K helps regulate calcium balance, keeping calcium in the bones and out of the arteries. Insufficient vitamin K accelerates arterial calcification, while restoring vitamin K2 can help reverse arterial calcification.
The Rotterdam Heart Study, a large-scale, well-controlled clinical trial that tracked 4,800 participants for seven years, revealed that:
- participants who ingested the greatest quantities of vitamin K2 in their diet experienced a better cardiovascular condition than people who ingested the least.
- High intakes of vitamin K2 also corresponded to less calcium deposition in the aorta.
- Participants who ingested less K2 were more likely to show moderate or severe calcification.
Animal studies suggest vitamin K intake not only blocks the progress of further calcium accumulation, but also induces 37% regression of preformed arterial calcification.
Super K with Advanced K2 Complex is The Most Complete Vitamin K Formula
Vitamin K1 is the form found in plants and vegetables and should be part of most people’s daily supplement regimen.
Even more important is inclusion of the MK-4 and MK-7 forms of vitamin K2.
Based on data substantiating the long-acting effects of MK-7, it is now possible to ingest fewer total micrograms of vitamin K but achieve far higher sustained blood levels of this critical nutrient.
The latest Super K with Advanced K2 Complex formula provides vitamin K1 and the MK-4 and MK-7 forms of vitamin K2 in just one daily softgel.
The virtue of this formula is that it provides the precise amount of the long-acting MK-7 form of vitamin K2 that recent human studies have shown provides optimal K2 levels over a 24-hour period.
The MK-4 is included to provide the rapid increase in vitamin K blood levels that may account for its beneficial effects in certain studies.
Serving Size 1 softgel
Servings Per Container 90
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin C (as Ascorbyl palmitate) 10 mg
Vitamin K activity 2200 mcg
Vitamin K1 (as phytonadione) 1000 mcg
Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-4) 1000 mcg
Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7) 200 mcg
Other ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, gelatin, glycerin, beeswax, purified water, carob color.
Take one softgel daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult with your healthcare provider before taking this product.
For references and more information, please visit LEF.org.