Everyone Needs to Know: MTHFR
– Public Service Announcement –
Do you have the MTHFR gene mutation? 40% of us do!
Get tested for MTHFR!
This is an important enzyme in the body, and if you have low levels of MTHFR activity – wow, so much goes wonky!
This is very important for everyone,
as 40%+ may have the genetic variant.
Good news, there are many things you can do to address this with lifestyle, food, supplements.
Thanks to the Human Genome Project, we now have access to health information that can be life-changing and life-saving.
Do you know if you have MTHFR genetic variant?
YOU need to know!
It means you do not convert certain B vitamins into the active form so you may end up with low folate and low B12 etc.
Taking high quality B vitamins won’t help if they aren’t the right form for you, methylated B vitamins.
40%+ people have this genetic situation going on and it may be why there are higher risk/incidence of:
- ~Fertility problems
- ~Recurrent miscarriages
- ~Mood issues, long history of anxiety and depression
- ~Foggy thinking
- ~High homocysteine levels in the blood- increasing your risk for heart disease, stroke
- ~Macular Degeneration
- ~Colon cancer
- ~Inability to deal with alcohol
- ~Low pain tolerance
- ~Hormone processing problems, inability to clear estrogen
- ~Unusual response to drugs (nitrous oxide, antidepressants, chemotherapy drugs)
- ~Fatigue, light headed, forgetful (signs of low folate)
- ~Long history of digestive issues
- ~Impaired ability to detox – suffer from mold toxicity more easily
- ~Sensitive to smells
- ~Chemical sensitivity
- ~Autoimmune like Hashimotos
- Hard time breaking down histamine.
- B Complex Plus 100 vegcap, one capsule twice a day. (Klaire)
- Activated B-12 Guard™ 2000 mcg 100 loz (PERQUE), sublingual, once a day.
- 5-MTHF 1 mg 60 caps, (Thorne). Begin with 1 mg for a few days, then 2mg, and slowly work up to 5mg. Then switch to the 5mg capsule.
Get 15% off the Methylated Supplements here.
Everyone can order the 23andMe test.
Maybe this is WHY you are dealing with some of the above conditions!
Get your results then take it the next step (you will upload raw data to geneticgenie.org) to find out about MTHFR and other variants.