How to Make A Green Smoothie That Won’t Raise Your Blood Sugar
Smoothies are a HUGE part of my day.
A good smoothie to me always includes a fresh avocado to make it creamy. If you don’t like avocado, skip it.
You can add
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 Tbs Almond butter
- Add fresh or frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, etc.) and dark green leafy greens.
- In the beginning if your taste buds need more sweet, you can add SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia or even 1/2 banana.
- To use Liquid Stevia, start with a few drops, taste and adjust.
- Add 1/2 – 1 cup Native Forest whole coconut milk
- 1 cup + of pure water.
- I add 1 tsp Nutrex Hawaiian Spirulina powder per serving because it is pure, raw, and powerful. Buy only spirulina from Hawaii to avoid heavy metal contamination from junk spirulina coming out of Asia and other places.
This smoothie will give you energy, antioxidants and nutrients galore!
For protein, I add quality collagen from grass-fed cattle, collagen powder.
My Basic Smoothie
- 2 cups raw organic baby spinach, romaine, or other greens
- 1 tsp Spirulina, Nutrex Hawaii
- 1/2 cup berries, frozen
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 cup whole coconut milk, canned
- 1 scoop Collagen Protein
- Water to blend
- Stevia drops to sweeten, if needed
Other great mix-ins
- A little ground flax seed or soaked chia seeds or both
- Bragg’s or Lewis Labs Nutritional Yeast, 1 Tbs
- 1-2 Tbs raw almond butter
- Try adding different vegetables, as your blender can handle (carrots, celery, cucumber, tomato)
If you have a powerful blender, like the VitaMix, then you can add any other vegetables that you like. I usually add carrot, celery, and cucumber.
Paleo Cinnamon MuffinsFebruary 17th, 2023
Pedialyte …. eeeek!February 6th, 2023
Paleo Crack SlawJanuary 25th, 2023
Mexican Beef with Stew Meat (not stew)January 20th, 2023
Beef Stew with Carrots, Celery, Onion, GarlicJanuary 12th, 2023