How to do Oil Pulling
Oil Pulling: A very powerful body detox.
- Origin – Ayurvedic medicine
- Cleansing and healing effect on mouth and sinuses
- Produces whiter teeth, fresher breath, healthier gums
- Beneficial for skin conditions
- Decreases plaque and gingival indices (study)
- Oil pulling has been used to prevent decay, bad breath, bleeding gums, dryness of throat, cracked lips and for strengthening teeth, gums and the jaw. (Review)
- Effective against Streptococcus mutans, lactobacilli, and Candida albicans.
- Before eating or drinking in the morning follow the procedure below.
- Mix 2 Tbs of coconut oil with 2 or 3 drops of essential oil (I recommend Young Living Vitality dietary oils only for internal use).
- Take 1 Tbs of coconut oil mixture into your mouth.
- Swish the oil around your mouth and between the teeth for 20 minutes, if possible.
- Work the oil around your teeth and gums.
- Spit the oil in the garbage when finished.
- Rinse your mouth and brush your teeth (use a non-toxic toothpaste!)
Why Coconut Oil?
- While other vegetable oils can be used I recommend raw, unrefined coconut oil
- Coconut oil has anti-microbial properties.
- Coconut oil has Lauric Acid.
- Lauric acid has proven anti inflammatory and antimicrobial effects.
Adding Essential Oils
Certain essential oils have germ fighting abilities.
Lime essential oil is great for oral health.
Add Orange Essential Oil
Your teeth will look whiter!
Other Essential Oils to Try with Oil Pulling
How to buy essential oils for 24% off
Spring Detox. Cleanse. Support. Rebuild.March 26th, 2019
Whole Healthy Journey – 21 Days to Wellness & Weight LossAugust 20th, 2018
Liver Tonic Drink RecipeJanuary 6th, 2018
One Day Cranberry CleanseOctober 23rd, 2017
How to do Oil PullingAugust 1st, 2017