Maca Powder for Hormone Balance
Overview of Maca
Maca is a powerful adaptogen. It grows high in the Peruvian Andes of South America.
Maca Powder can be added to a smoothie or beverage to bring positive benefits for hormone balance.
Super Food Maca contains
- vitamins (B1, B2, C, Niacin)
- minerals (calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, zinc, copper, manganese, iron, selenium, boron)
- protein (17 different amino acids)
- fatty acids (including palmitic, linoleic, oleic and several others)
MACA is an Adaptogenic Herb, it helps you adapt to stress.
It is a cruciferous root vegetable.
Maca is known for:
hormone balancing, stabilizing menstrual cycle and easing menopause.
- Benefits for men and women (libido, energy, strength).
- Increases general well-being
- Enhances libido
- Increases energy, strength
- Gives a clearer mind and better memory
- Helps to balance moods
- Improves fertility
High in fiber it can reduce cravings and help your gut health.
Easy to Use
Add to smoothie, 1 tsp
Buy the gelatinized form.
Gelatinized Maca Powder is a concentrated form made by extracting the starch, making it more digestible and the nutrients more bioavailable for increased absorption.
Dr Chacon’s work with maca showed that it stimulates the hypothalamus and pituitary to produce more precursor hormones which will benefit ovaries, testes, adrenals, pancreas, thyroid and pineal glands.
One 2006 study involving 20 women reported these results:
“Two months administration of Maca-GO significantly alleviated symptoms of discomfort observed in majority of women involved in the study (74%-87%) as assessed by Kupperman’s Menopausal index. This was associated with significant increase in E2 and FSH, Progesterone and ACTH levels, and reduction in blood pressure, body weight, Triglycerides and Cholesterol levels.”
Maca is know to support fertility.
Maca contains minerals and phytonutrients that nourish the endocrine system.
Maca can help balance the menstrual cycle, reducing PMS symptoms.
Maca helps reduce sugar cravings.
Three Weeks On – One Week Off
Ladies, try taking maca three weeks on and one week off.
- Maca can increase energy, so is best taken in the morning.
- Begin with a low dose and work up.
- Start with a small dose for the first few days. 1/2 tsp daily to begin, taken with food or in a smoothie.
- 1-3 tsp can be taken daily, about 3 or 4 times a week.
- Some people like to use it 3 days a week, and then take a week off.
Hydroxytyrosol SupplementAugust 9th, 2019
What is CBD? How does it support health?August 6th, 2019
Don’t Eat Grocery Store Pickles – Make Your Own!August 1st, 2019
5G Wireless – NOT Safe! Learn moreJuly 22nd, 2019