Optavia – Why would you pay $400 a month for processed junk food?
I hate so-called weight loss programs like Optavia/Medifast.
If you care about your health, run the other way.
They sell you junk food and market it as, “scientifically-designed Fuelings including shakes, soups, bars, hot beverages, hearty choices, biscuits, pretzels, pudding.”
Costs about $300-$400 per month!
HOW do you sell brownies, potatoes, pasta, cereal, pancakes and popcorn and call it a health+weight loss plan?
- $21 for a box of Essential Cheesy Buttermilk Cheddar Mac and Cheese????
- $21 for a box of powdered potatoes, serves 7?
The top allergens are found in Optavia foods
The top allergens are found in Optavia foods including soy, dairy, and gluten. There are ingredients that are “addicting” and you will want more and more of these processed, packaged foods.
Medifast Inc. changed the name of its direct selling subsidiary to Optavia from Take Shape For Life 2 years ago. They tell you that you get a coach, but it is really your upline, not a dietitian or nutritionist.
Examples of the products they want you to buy:
- Silky Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Bar
- Caramel Delight Crisp Bar Raisin Oat Bar
- Drizzled Chocolate Fudge Crisp Bar
- Creamy Chocolate Shake
- Wild Strawberry Shake
- Decadent Double Chocolate Brownie
- Roasted Garlic Creamy Smashed Potatoes
- Creamy Tomato Bisque
- Rustic Tomato Herb Penne
- Honey Mustard & Onion Sticks
- Red Berry Crunchy O’s Cereal
- Golden Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Sharp Cheddar & Sour Cream Popcorn
- Puffed Ranch Snacks
Their products are full of ingredients that don’t build health.
The ingredients don’t say “organic” or “non-GMO” Many ingredients act like MSG, brain neurotoxins.
- soy protein isolate
- yeast extract
- canola oil
- whey protein isolate
13 Fuelings offered by Optavia are as follows:
- Buttermilk Cheddar Herb Biscuit
- Chia Bliss Smoothie
- Chipotle Mac & Cheese
- Chocolate Cherry Ganache Bar
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese Swirl Cake
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Curry Bar
- Dark Chocolate Covered Cherry Shake
- Green Renewal Shake
- Honey Chili Cranberry Nut Bar
- Honey Sweet Potatoes
- Indonesian Cinnamon and Honey Hot Cereal
- Spinach Pesto Mac & Cheese
- Wild Blueberry Almond Hot Cereal
I have an idea.
Take that $300-$400 a month, and go buy real food instead of giving it to MediFast/Optavia – this is a company that does not understand how to build health and have lasting weight loss.
What can you buy with all the money you will save?
- Clean animal protein
- Healthy fat (Not canola and soy!)
- Fruit, seeds, nuts
Need a real health coach and a community of support?
Message me for access to my free community on FB for education and support, menu plans, recipes, and pick up a copy of my book, The Reclaim Diet. You will get every bit of info you need to lose weight and build health, the right way.
Nutritional options to reduce side effects from the shot.August 4th, 2021
Options to help avoid clots from COVID and the shotAugust 3rd, 2021
Erin’s VideosAugust 1st, 2021