Vitamin D3 Deficiency & Dosage
Winter blues, weak bones, pain?
Check your Vitamin D.
- Keep your blood levels above 50 nanograms per milliliter (Ideal range 50-80 ng/ml)
- More than 3/4 of all US teens and adults fall below 30 ng/ml
- The government RDA is 400 IU, this is way too low!
- Most adults need to supplement 2,000 – 5,000IU per day.
- Use an at-home test kit and find out what your levels are running.
- Milk is not the answer to Vitamin D!
- For example, a glass of milk has only 100 IU Vitamin D3, you would need to drink 40 glasses of milk to get the recommended amount.
- Supplement with Vitamin D3 capsules, olive oil based.
- Take Vitamin K2 along with D3! I like the Life Extension product for K2.
- Or, buy a product like D3 Complete which combines D3 and K2 in a single supplement.
I recommend adults take Vitamin D3 gel caps containing D3 with olive oil, not soybean oil or other junk oil. African Americans are much more likely to be vitamin D deficient because of skin pigmentation.
- Recommended supplementation per day based on age:
- 1,000 IU per day for infants (Carlson D-drops)
- 2,000 IU per day for children (Use the Drops above or tiny gel caps, depending on age)
- Below age 5 years, give 35 units per pound per day
- Age 5-10, give 2,000 – 2,500 units per day
- Age 10 – 18, give 2,000 to 4,000 units per day
- 5,000 – 10,000 IU per day for adults, depending on current Vitamin D levels
Vitamin D is critical!
It is the sunshine vitamin, and the best way to have adequate Vitamin D is to be out in the sun (without sunscreen) for 20 minutes a day.
This is a simplistic view because there are several factors at play like skin color, geographical location, age, and time of year.
You will find Vitamin D in salmon (530 IU) and cod liver oil (400 IU/tsp) with lesser amounts in the fat of grass-fed animals, organ meat, pasture-raised chickens and eggs.
Benefits of adequate levels of Vitamin D
- Healthy teeth and bones. Prevent osteopenia and osteoporosis
- Helps the body absorb calcium
- Aids in a healthy nervous system
- Enhance the strength of the immune system
- Prevents high blood pressure
- Reduces risk of heart attack
- Decreases incidence of Type 2 Diabetes by helping with blood sugar regulation
- 75 percent reduction in overall cancer growth and 50 percent reduction in tumor cases among those already having the disease.
- Decreases inflammation
- Helps prevent and treat depression
- Helps keep brain working well
- Reduces risk of allergies and asthma
- Reduces incidence of respiratory infections
- Healthy gums and teeth
- Important for optimal body weight
- Improved energy
- Muscle strength
ZRT home test kits are accurate and easy to use.
A few drops of blood from a quick and nearly painless nick of the finger are placed on a filter paper to dry. This can be performed easily at home. The dried blood spot sample is then sent to a certified lab for analysis. No more wasted time and resources going to a lab for a painful blood draw.
Once the lab has received your dried blood spot sample, your results will be sent to you via the mail in about a week.
NATURAL Relief for Sinus InfectionsJanuary 16th, 2020
Natural Mold RemediationJanuary 14th, 2020
How to get the toxic ingredients out now!January 14th, 2020
Toxins in Toothpaste and Clean Toothpaste OptionsJanuary 12th, 2020
NingXia Red Starter PackJanuary 12th, 2020