Vitamin D3 Deficiency & Dosage
Winter blues, weak bones, pain?
For 35 cents a day you’ll improve your immune system, brain, mood, even autoimmune conditions.
- Keep your blood levels above 50 nanograms per milliliter (Ideal range 50-80 ng/ml)
- More than 3/4 of all US teens and adults fall below 30 ng/ml
- The government RDA is 400 IU, this is way too low!
- Most adults need to supplement 2,000 – 5,000IU per day.
- Get your doctor to test you or order your own Vitamin D3 test. Use an at-home test kit and find out what your levels are running.
- Milk is not the answer to Vitamin D!
- For example, a glass of milk has only 100 IU Vitamin D3, you would need to drink 40 glasses of milk to get the recommended amount.
- Take Vitamin K2 along with D3!
D3 5,000 + K 60 softgels
Here are some options for you on Wellevate:
- D3 5,000 + K60 Softgels, #M50062 (in olive oil)
- D3 10,000 + K60 Gels, #M34468 (in olive oil) Recommended when your levels below 40ng/mL or for those with autoimmune conditions
- D3-K2 Drops, #BP3811 (in olive oil), 4,833 IU per serving (2 drops)
- K2 MK-7 & D3 60 vegcaps, #P04836, not in olive oil, 5,000IU D3
- Adult D3 & K2 120 caps, #C56200, not in olive oil, 2,000 IU D3
- Kids D3 & K2 10.16 ml, #C15302, (in MCT oil), 1,000 IU D3 per drop
- Liquid Vit D3 & MK-7 1 fl oz, #P03795, (in MCT oil), 2,500 IU D3 in 5 drops
Get 15% off D3 5,000 IU with MK-7 K2 here (register for a free account, then use the search bar)
- Recommended supplementation per day based on age:
- 1,000 IU per day for infants, Vitamin D3 With K2 Liquid 1 oz
- 2,000 IU per day for children, Vitamin D3 With K2 Liquid 1 oz
- Below age 5 years, give 35 units per pound per day
- Age 5-10, give 2,000 – 2,500 units per day
- Age 10 – 18, give 2,000 to 4,000 units per day
- 5,000 – 10,000 IU per day for adults, depending on current Vitamin D levels
Vitamin D is critical!
It is the sunshine vitamin, and the best way to have adequate Vitamin D is to be out in the sun (without sunscreen) for 20 minutes a day.
This is a simplistic view because there are several factors at play like skin color, geographical location, age, and time of year.
You will find Vitamin D in salmon (530 IU) and cod liver oil (400 IU/tsp) with lesser amounts in the fat of grass-fed animals, organ meat, pasture-raised chickens and eggs.
Benefits of adequate levels of Vitamin D
- Beneficial for those with autoimmune conditions (helps body avoid attacking itself)
- Enhance the strength of the immune system (helps prevent illness
- Reduces incidence of respiratory infections
- Healthy teeth and bones. Prevent osteopenia and osteoporosis
- Helps the body absorb calcium
- Aids in a healthy nervous system
- Supports brain health (lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s disease)
- Prevents high blood pressure
- Reduces risk of heart attack
- Decreases incidence of Type 2 Diabetes by helping with blood sugar regulation
- 75 percent reduction in overall cancer growth and 50 percent reduction in tumor cases among those already having the disease.
- Decreases inflammation
- Helps prevent and treat depression
- Reduces risk of allergies and asthma
- Healthy gums and teeth
- Important for optimal body weight (boosts metabolism)
- Improved energy
- Muscle strength
ZRT home test kits are accurate and easy to use.
A few drops of blood from a quick and nearly painless nick of the finger are placed on a filter paper to dry. This can be performed easily at home. The dried blood spot sample is then sent to a certified lab for analysis. No more wasted time and resources going to a lab for a painful blood draw.
Once the lab has received your dried blood spot sample, your results will be sent to you via the mail in about a week.
Concerned About Too Much Vitamin D3?August 10th, 2020
What is CBD? How does it support health?August 6th, 2020
Are you a carb-craving head sweater?July 24th, 2020
What you need to know about avocado oilJuly 8th, 2020
Weight Loss. Better Brain. More Energy.June 16th, 2020