PERQUE delivers vitamin B-12 in its superior, activated hydroxocobalamin form. Although it is more expensive and difficult to obtain, hydroxocobalamin lasts longer and raises B-12 blood concentrations higher than other forms.
Hydroxocobalamin requires no intrinsic factor and is taken up directly by mucous membranes regardless of digestive competence.
Hydroxocobalamin is easily converted to active but short- lived methylcobalamin and adenosyl-cobalamin as needed in the body.
Hydroxocobalamin, the parent to other B-12 forms, provides better, long-lived B-12 action in the body.
*Gluten-free, dairy-free, corn-free, soy-free.
“Corn-free Mannitol” is sourced from seaweed.
Sucanat is from organic cane sugar.
AN ORAL “INJECTION” FOR ENERGY AND DETOXIFICATION
PERQUE Activated B-12 Guard is in lozenge form for maximum uptake and optimal delivery to the brain. Studies on PERQUE Activated B12 Guard lozenge formulation show nearly the same B12 uptake as from injection. Patients notice that they feel better more quickly.
B12 is found only in animal food.* Vitamin B12 in our food supply is estimated to be 78% less than in the 1960s. Diet alone is hard pressed to provide the necessary levels of this important nutrient. In addition, stress and reduced hydrochloric acid (HCl) and intrinsic factor production in the stomach impair absorption. The most commonly used forms of B-12 require activation in the body, making uptake quite low – rarely more than 50%.
Almost half the adult population is low in B12, yet doctors may not recognize the deficiency
- People at risk:
- Those with digestive issues, leaky gut, dysbiosis.
- People with low stomach acid or those who take acid-lowering medication.
- Vegans and vegetarians
- People over 60 years of age
- Women with a history of infertility or miscarriage
- Typical laboratory “normal” ranges are wrong. For optimal health keep B12 levels in the upper part of the normal range or about 600 pg/ml.
- *Chris Kresser noted, “A common myth amongst vegetarians and vegans is that it’s possible to get B12 from plant sources like seaweed, fermented soy, spirulina and brewers yeast. But plant foods said to contain B12 actually contain B12 analogs called cobamides that block intake of and increase the need for true B12.”
This explains why studies consistently demonstrate that up to 50% of long-term vegetarians and 80% of vegans are deficient in B12.
Signs of B-12 Deficiency
- Dementia, memory problems, cognitive decline
- Neurological disorders, MS
- Autoimmune conditions
- Pernicious anemia
- Heart disease
- Mood disorders, anxiety, psychosis
As a dietary supplement, take one (1) lozenge daily or as directed
by your health professional. Place lozenge under tongue and let dissolve.
Available in bottles of 100.
Free of citrus, MSG, wheat/gluten, corn/zein/starch, dairy/casein/ whey/ milk derivatives, yeast, soy, sulfate, phosphates (other than coenzymes), and preservatives.
• No genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
• Unique post-production assays and clinical bioassays assure product integrity.