Natural Remedies for Constipation
Are you a Type 1 or 2 on the Bristol Stool Chart?
Set the foundation:
Eat a Real Food Diet – Check out my book, The Reclaim Diet.
- The most important thing is to drink a lot of water – 8 glasses a day – to keep things moving.
- Measure your water intake for a few days and see if you are drinking half your body weight in ounces of water (for example, if you weight 150 pounds, try to drink 75 ounces of water each day).
- Start the day with fresh lemon squeezed in water or add 1 – 3 tsp of raw apple cider vinegar to a glass of water 30 minutes before you eat.
- Try the Water Challenge. Read the Water Challenge post and be sure to add Redmond’s Real Salt as described in the article.
- Take Magnesium glycinate with magnesium citrate (not magnesium oxide) at bedtime.
- Try three or four capsules (300 – 400mg) at bedtime to start. Increase by one capsule each night until your reach the desired effect!
- Get a 15% discount on Magnesium supplements (Magnesium Plus Guard)
Buffered Vitamin C
- Buffered Vitamin C powder can help with inflammation and also help get things moving.
- Take 2,000 to 4,000mg a day or more. For extreme cases, take a few hours to do the Vitamin C Flush as described here. I have seen people need 25,000mg or more during their healing journey.
- Having Vitamin C with Mg Plus Guard in the morning is very helpful.
Flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flax or chia seed in a cup of hot water
- Wait about 15 minutes until the waters cools.
- Drink the water with the seeds, do this once a day.
- Chia and/or flax seeds can also be added to a green smoothie
Essential fatty acids
- 2-3 tsp of quality Fish oil or Carlson Cod Liver Oil
Aloe Vera Juice
- Aloe Vera Juice is healing to digestive tract.
Nature Works Swedish Bitters Traditional European herbal formula
Promotes regularity for healthy digestive function.
NatureWorks® Swedish Bitters is an artfully blended extract of selected herbs of unsurpassed quality.
Bitters begin their work the moment they touch your tongue, stimulating the production of digestive components that will help you digest your food.
L – Glutamine
- L-glutamine is nourishing to the cells of the gut.
- Purchase glutamine powder and follow directions on label. Klaire: 1 Scoop (Approx. 5.85 grams)
1 Tbs Coconut Oil added to warm tea.
- Green smoothies with green leafy vegetables and avocado. Add a pear and berries with enough water to blend.
- Apples, carrots, beets, citrus have pectin and is said to be helpful.
- Prunes – eat a few prunes or drink some prune juice
- Grapes, figs, apricots, turnips, endive, watercress, coconut, avocados, cabbage
- Eat vegetables and fruits raw when possible and to eat the peelings as well
Essential Oils for Digestive Support
- DiGize, Peppermint
- Ginger, Fennel, Tarragon
The basic starter kit comes with DiGize, Peppermint and 10 other beneficial oils plus a diffuser.
Three More Helpful Tips
- Foods made with flour and sugar are constipating so eliminate them from the diet.
- If you haven’t had your thyroid checked recently, this might be the time to do that.
- Read The Reclaim Diet and get to the bottom of your issues!
Dealing with Post COVID-19 and vaccine injuryDecember 1st, 2023
Babassu OilNovember 18th, 2023
Castor Oil Uses and Castor Oil PacksNovember 13th, 2023
Penetrating Salve for Warts, Skin Tags, Corns or CallusesNovember 13th, 2023
Getting off Coffee?November 7th, 2023