Natural Remedies for Constipation
Are you a Type 1 or 2 on the Bristol Stool Chart?
Set the foundation:
Eat a Real Food Diet – Check out my book, The Reclaim Diet.
- The most important thing is to drink a lot of water – 8 glasses a day – to keep things moving.
- Measure your water intake for a few days and see if you are drinking half your body weight in ounces of water (for example, if you weight 150 pounds, try to drink 75 ounces of water each day).
- Start the day with fresh lemon squeezed in water or add 1 – 3 tsp of raw apple cider vinegar to a glass of water 30 minutes before you eat.
- Try the Water Challenge
- Take Magnesium glycinate with magnesium citrate (not magnesium oxide) at bedtime.
- Try three or four capsules (300 – 400mg) at bedtime to start. Increase by one capsule each night until your reach the desired effect!
- Get a 15% discount on Magnesium supplements (try Mg Plus Guard, Item #: MAG34)
Buffered Vitamin C
- I prefer Super C™ Chewable Tablets
- Having Vitamin C with Mg Plus Guard in the morning is very helpful.
Flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flax or chia seed in a cup of hot water
- Wait about 15 minutes until the waters cools.
- Drink the water with the seeds, do this once a day.
- Life9 Probiotic
- Synergy Kombucha or similar
Essential fatty acids
- 2-3 tsp of quality Fish oil or Carlson Cod Liver Oil
Aloe Vera Juice
- Aloe Vera Juice is healing to digestive tract.
Nature Works Swedish Bitters Traditional European herbal formula
Promotes regularity for healthy digestive function.
NatureWorks® Swedish Bitters is an artfully blended extract of selected herbs of unsurpassed quality.
Bitters begin their work the moment they touch your tongue, stimulating the production of digestive components that will help you digest your food.
L – Glutamine
- L-glutamine is nourishing to the cells of the gut.
- Purchase glutamine powder
1 Tbs Coconut Oil added to warm tea.
- Green smoothies with green leafy vegetables and avocado. Add a pear and berries with enough water to blend.
- Apples, carrots, beets, citrus have pectin and is said to be helpful.
- Prunes – eat a few prunes or drink some prune juice
- Grapes, figs, apricots, turnips, endive, watercress, coconut, avocados, cabbage
- Eat vegetables and fruits raw when possible and to eat the peelings as well
Essential Oils for Digestive Support
- DiGize, Peppermint
- Ginger, Fennel, Tarragon
The basic starter kit comes with DiGize, Peppermint and 10 other beneficial oils plus a diffuser.
Three More Helpful Tips
- Foods made with flour and sugar are constipating so eliminate them from the diet.
- If you haven’t had your thyroid checked recently, this might be the time to do that.
- Read The Reclaim Diet and get to the bottom of your issues!
Everyone Needs to Know: MTHFRSeptember 21st, 2023
Apple Cider Vinegar for HealthSeptember 20th, 2023
Supporting Your Immune SystemSeptember 17th, 2023
Insomnia and Buttered CigarettesSeptember 15th, 2023