Vitamin D3 Deficiency & Dosage
Winter blues, weak bones, pain?
For 35 cents a day you’ll improve your immune system, brain, mood, even autoimmune conditions.
- Keep your blood levels above 50 nanograms per milliliter (Ideal range 50-80 ng/ml)
- More than 3/4 of all US teens and adults fall below 30 ng/ml
- The government RDA is 400 IU, this is way too low!
- Most adults need to supplement 2,000 – 5,000IU per day.
- Get your doctor to test you or order your own Vitamin D3 test. Use an at-home test kit and find out what your levels are running.
- Milk is not the answer to Vitamin D!
- For example, a glass of milk has only 100 IU Vitamin D3, you would need to drink 40 glasses of milk to get the recommended amount.
- Take Vitamin K2 along with D3!
D3 5,000 + K 60 softgels
Here are some options for you on Wellevate:
- Vitamin K2 with D3 (Ortho Molecular)
- Vitamin D3 5,000 (Innate)
- Vitamin D Plus K (Klaire)
Get 15% off D3 5,000 IU with MK-7 K2 here (register for a free account, then use the search bar)
- Recommended supplementation per day based on age:
- 1,000 IU per day for infants, Vitamin D3 With K2 Liquid 1 oz
- 2,000 IU per day for children, Vitamin D3 With K2 Liquid 1 oz
- Below age 5 years, give 35 units per pound per day
- Age 5-10, give 2,000 – 2,500 units per day
- Age 10 – 18, give 2,000 to 4,000 units per day
- 5,000 – 10,000 IU per day for adults, depending on current Vitamin D levels
Vitamin D is critical!
It is the sunshine vitamin, and the best way to have adequate Vitamin D is to be out in the sun (without sunscreen) for 20 minutes a day.
This is a simplistic view because there are several factors at play like skin color, geographical location, age, and time of year.
You will find Vitamin D in salmon (530 IU) and cod liver oil (400 IU/tsp) with lesser amounts in the fat of grass-fed animals, organ meat, pasture-raised chickens and eggs.
Benefits of adequate levels of Vitamin D
- Beneficial for those with autoimmune conditions (helps body avoid attacking itself)
- Enhance the strength of the immune system (helps prevent illness
- Reduces incidence of respiratory infections
- Healthy teeth and bones. Prevent osteopenia and osteoporosis
- Helps the body absorb calcium
- Aids in a healthy nervous system
- Supports brain health (lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s disease)
- Prevents high blood pressure
- Reduces risk of heart attack
- Decreases incidence of Type 2 Diabetes by helping with blood sugar regulation
- 75 percent reduction in overall cancer growth and 50 percent reduction in tumor cases among those already having the disease.
- Decreases inflammation
- Helps prevent and treat depression
- Reduces risk of allergies and asthma
- Healthy gums and teeth
- Important for optimal body weight (boosts metabolism)
- Improved energy
- Muscle strength
ZRT home test kits are accurate and easy to use.
A few drops of blood from a quick and nearly painless nick of the finger are placed on a filter paper to dry. This can be performed easily at home. The dried blood spot sample is then sent to a certified lab for analysis. No more wasted time and resources going to a lab for a painful blood draw.
Once the lab has received your dried blood spot sample, your results will be sent to you via the mail in about a week.
What you need to know about avocado oilJuly 8th, 2020
Weight Loss. Better Brain. More Energy.June 16th, 2020
Eczema. Allergies. Asthma. Find the root cause.June 5th, 2020
Pain and Inflammation? Here’s Help!June 2nd, 2020