8 Reasons to try the Water Challenge
The Water Challenge
Recently I challenged a group of 40 people to complete a water challenge.
This group committed to the challenge for 30 days and saw amazing results.
After the challenge ended, a survey was conducted and the results were compelling.
1) 50% reported an improvement in digestion
- Better digestion, no indigestion
- Bowel movements were more regular, no constipation or hemorrhoids
- No heartburn
2) Joint aches and pains were lessened
3) Improvements for brain, mood, headache
- “Less swings in mood – more evened out”
- “Feel so much better mood-wise when I drink enough water”
- “No more headaches, it was amazing”
- I felt clearer thinking”
- “Brain seems sharper”
- “Clear to no foggy thinking”
- “I felt more alert, especially in the afternoon”
4) Improvements in skin
- “Dry patches disappeared”
- “Skin tags seem to be drying up and some disappeared”
- “Brighter skin” and “Glowing skin” and “Vibrant skin”
- “Softer skin”
- “Cleared all facial blemishes”
- “Friends I hadn’t seen in awhile said they thought I was glowing”
- “Skin seemed plumper”
- “The redness in my cheeks is going down!”
5) Energy increased
- “Definitely more energy, especially in the afternoon”
- “Better energy”
- “More get up and go”
- “Energy way up, this surprised me”
- “Helped improve energy”
- “Didn’t feel nearly as sluggish”
6) Sleep improved
- “I did not have to get up during the night to use the restroom”
- “Surprisingly slept well and did not get up in the middle of the night to relieve my bladder”
- “I slept so much better. No more waking up feeling dry and having my head hurt.”
- “Slept like a baby”
- “Able to sleep all night without waking”
7) 30% reported weight loss – without dietary changes
- Those reporting weight loss lost an average of 4.2 pounds in 30 days from the water challenge.
- The amount lost as reported by individuals ranged from 1 pound to 7.6 pounds
8) 80% Reported food satisfaction improved and cravings reduced
- “Much less hungry”
- “I craved healthy foods”
- “I felt full in a good way and I had less cravings”
- “I would drink a big glass of water when I was craving something not so good for me. Most of the time it would make me forget it.”
- “Reduced sugar cravings”
- “I felt less cravings and fuller. I had a lot more satisfaction with meals.”
- “Less to no sugar cravings”
- “I felt more satisfied, and full with less food intake.”
- “I felt more full in the morning and until afternoon.”
- “I ate less”
- “Felt full. Less cravings”
- “I didn’t crave sweets as much in the afternoon”
The Water Challenge
- For 30 days drink 24 oz of room temperature, purified water upon rising.
- Wait 30 minutes before consuming any food or supplements. Do not add anything to the water.
- During the day consume water regularly, about 2 quarts or half your body weight in ounces of water.
For 150 pound person, drink the initial 24 oz and 1.5 quarts more during the day.
For 200 pound person, drink the initial 24 oz and 2 quarts more during the day.
- Follow the recommendations for salt described below.
- Try not to drink during meals to improve digestion. Water during meals dilutes stomach acid needed to break down food.
How to increase success with the Water Challenge
- The key to remembering to drink 24 oz of water upon arising is to bring the water to your bedside table at bedtime.
- Find glass bottles that will contain 24 oz (or two 12oz bottles).
- Drink the water before you do anything else that can distract you from your goal.
- Drink 24 oz within a few minutes. For the elderly, this amount may need to be reduced to a more comfortable amount.
What is purified water?
- Water that you filter at home is the best, most affordable water to drink.
- Purified water will require more than just a carbon filter that improves taste. Try to find a system that removes all toxins and impurities. I like AquaSana, and there are a variety of affordable options.
Want additional weight loss, metabolism, satiety benefits?
- Add Slique Essence to the water challenge
- Just add 2-3 drops of Slique Essence to your glass of water a few times a day
- This blend includes
It is important to replace electrolytes as your water consumption is increasing with this challenge. Electrolytes can be replaced by adding 1/8 tsp pinch of mineral salt on the tip tongue followed by drinking one of your glasses of water, three times a day.
Avoid pure white refined sea salt and choose a high quality mineral salt that retains minerals (the salt with have flecks of color like pink and brown when the minerals are present).
You will be taking about 1/8 tsp of mineral salt for every quart of water or as much as 1/2 t a day.
This salt recommendation is for people who are drinking water throughout the day, approximately 3 – 4 quarts per day.
F. Batmanghelidj, MD, author of “Water for Health, for Healing, for Life -You’re Not Sick, You’re Thirsty! recommends putting a tiny pinch of salt directly on the tongue followed by one of your glasses of water.
Salt is not bad for you when you use UNREFINED salt the minerals are still present that benefit health and actually lower blood pressure.
If your “sea salt” is white, it has been refined and is not good for you.
Get Redmond’s Real Salt, it has more than 60 trace minerals and the taste is so flavorful that you will be glad to have made the switch.
In Dr Batmanghelidg’s book, You’re Not Sick, You’re Thirsty he writes about the hidden miracles of salt:
- salt is a natural antihistamine
- salt is anti-stress for body
- salt is great for the brain (“If you don’t want Alzheimer’s disease, don’t go salt-free and don’t let them put you on diuretic medications for long!”)
- salt helps the body clear excess acidity
- salt benefits moods
- salt helps maintain muscle tone (bladder problems can be a consequence of low salt intake)
- salt can stabilize irregular heartbeats
- salt helps us sleep
- salt helps balance blood sugar
- salt helps nerves communicate
- salt helps calm dry coughs and clear sinus congestion
- salt helps prevent muscle cramps
- salt helps strengthen bones
- salt helps libido
- salt has so many benefits!
A large majority of Americans are dehydrated. 20% of Americans drink no water at all and 42% drink 2 cups or less per day.
Water is vital for health and essential to life. We cannot live more than a few days without water. Yes, we to get some water in the fresh food we eat, liquids we drink and from the body’s metabolism, but it is usually not enough to support optimal health.
Water plays many important roles in the body from transporting nutrients through the body to the cells to moving waste products out of the body. Water regulates body temperature and lubricates our joints.
Try this 30 day Water Challenge and you will see an improvement in many aspects of health.
Everyone Needs to Know: MTHFRMay 5th, 2019
Natural Help for Sinus InfectionsMay 2nd, 2019
Signs and Symptoms – B12May 1st, 2019
Dandelion for Water RetentionApril 30th, 2019