Antidepressants Causing Suicidal Thoughts and Actions – SSRIs: Zoloft. Paxil. Prozac.
Yesterday I spoke with a woman who said she tried to commit suicide while taking Zoloft and she blames the drug. She contacted a lawyer who said he couldn’t do anything because she wasn’t dead.
This woman weaned herself off her medication, I assume with the help of her doctor. She is using essential oils (and a healthy diet) as a natural solution to combat her daily stresses that creep into everyday life. She is adamant that this is safely keeping her balanced.
Essential oils contain powerful plant constituents, such as the cedrol found in cedarwood and the eugenol that occurs naturally in vanilla. When used topically or inhaled, this woman finds that the oils help induce relaxation and reduce occasional nervous tension.*
Perhaps alternative treatments, dietary changes and other safe interventions should be implemented as a mandatory first step before drugs are prescribed.
This is in the package info for Zoloft – Suicidality and Antidepressant Drugs
Antidepressant medicines may increase suicidal thoughts or actions in some children, teenagers, and young adults especially within the first few months of treatment. Depression and certain other serious mental illnesses are important causes of suicidal thoughts and actions. Patients of all ages who are started on antidepressant therapy should be monitored appropriately and observed closely for clinical worsening, suicidality, or unusual changes in behavior. Anyone considering the use of ZOLOFT or any other antidepressant in a child, adolescent, or young adult must balance this risk with the clinical need.
Read, read, read!
- The Proven Dangers of Antidepressants, by Peter R. Breggin, M.D.
- While stopping short of concluding the antidepressants definitely cause suicide, the FDA warned that they might do so in a small percentage of children and adults. In the debate over drug-induced suicide, little attention has been given to the FDA’s additional warning that certain behaviors are “known to be associated with these drugs,” including “anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, insomnia, irritability, hostility, impulsivity, akathisia (severe restlessness), hypomania, and mania.”
- Antidepressants Cause Suicide and Violence
- The real problem with antidepressants is how many people are taking them. Right now, that’s about 30 million Americans. Studies show that about 5% of them will develop mania. If you do the math, that’s about a million and a half potential maniacs waiting to explode.
- Prozac lawsuit casea
- SWAT team captain and police officer, Daren Alli, committed suicide after 4 days of being prescribed to Prozac.
- Experts say antidepressant drugs cause suicides instead of preventing them, NaturalNews
- In Health and Nutrition Secrets, Dr. Russell L. Blaylock writes, “It is also known that these medications increase brain levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin, which, in high concentrations, can also act as an excitotoxin.” When antidepressant drugs raise serotonin to an excitotoxin level, the brain reacts in ways similar to mental illness. According to Burton Goldberg’s book, Alternative Medicine, side effects of SSRIs include uncontrollable facial and body tics, dizziness, hallucinations, nausea, sexual dysfunction, addiction, electric-shock-like sensations in the brain and, of course, homicidal or suicidal thoughts and behavior.
- 73 year old David Hawkins killed his wife one day after going on Zoloft
- “I have killed my wife … I got tablets from the doctor yesterday and I think they were too strong. I went, I went absolutely wild. I don’t know. I was mad. I can’t say any more … I have got to go. I am heading out and I am going to get rid of myself. Nobody, nobody can help me now. Nobody can help me now. Look I’ve got to go. I’m shaking here. I can’t wait. I can’t stop.”Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher.
- Every mass shooting over last 20 years has one thing in common… and it’s not gunsDrugWatch.com reports:
While antidepressants are designed to decrease the symptoms of depression, they occasionally have the opposite effect and can increase suicidal thoughts and actions.
- Prozac (fluoxetine),
- Paxil (paroxetine) or
- Zoloft (sertraline)
may experience side effects such as
violent behavior, mania or aggression, which can all lead to suicide.
What begins as withdrawing from friends and activities and a loss of interest in work can escalate to harming oneself. In clinical trials and public use, there have been cases where antidepressant users have thought about, attempted or committed suicide.
Antidepressants have also been shown to have other dangerous side effects, including severe birth defects when a woman takes the drug during pregnancy. In fact, dozens of women who took antidepressants during pregnancy have filed lawsuits after their children suffered birth defects.
Antidepressants and Incidence of Suicide
Every year, 30,000 people in the United States die by suicide, according to the National Institute of Mental Health. Among those who are diagnosed with major depressive disorder (MDD), seven out of 100 men and one out of 100 women will commit suicide. For every suicide, there are 11 suicide attempts.
Continue Reading on DrugWatch.com
Natural Wine – Dry Farming, No IrrigationFebruary 20th, 2018
Purple Lips & Wine’s Dirty SecretsFebruary 19th, 2018
Stop Using Cosmetics with Toxins and Hormone DisruptorsFebruary 7th, 2018
Barbecue Chicken Wings – Sauce Recipe – Gluten-free, Dairy-free, PaleoFebruary 6th, 2018
Golumbki – Stuffed Cabbage – Recipe PaleoFebruary 6th, 2018