Are Smart Meters Hazardous to Your Health?
“Smart” Meters are utility meters that use radio frequencies (RF) to report data to utility offices for billing and other purposes and they may be severely impacting your health.
Analog Meters vs Smart Meters
There is anecdotal evidence but is there science?
Joe Esposito experienced dramatic health changes after a “smart” meter was installed on his home. He had trouble sleeping and unusual pains. Esposito told Oklahoma’s NewsChannel 4, “I was having pain down my leg for six months, my front teeth, bottom teeth and the roof of my mouth felt like somebody poured Alka-Seltzer at night.”
After watching a video by Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, PhD, called “Smart Meters & EMR: The Heath Crisis of Our Time,” Esposito put a sheet of lead around the meter and nailed it to his house. He says his pain was gone the next day and he began to sleep well and find relief from his other symptoms.
Esposito even experimented on himself by removing the lead once in a while, and found that the pains returned and he once again had trouble sleeping.
Survey of 318 People Using “Smart” Meters
A survey reported by the EMF Safety Network showed that people experienced health problems after a “smart” meter was installed on their home.
People from coast to coast in the USA, and from one side of the world to the other, are becoming ill after exposure to the radio frequency radiation emitted by Wireless Smart Meters.EMFSafetyNetwork.org
The US survey included 318 respondents, from 28 states and addresses wireless utility meters that are principally Wireless Smart Meters.
- 40% (111 people) of those having wireless meters in their homes or community have complained to their utility provider.
- 94% of respondents want to retain or restore their analog meters.
- 92% of these respondents do not think they should have to pay any additional money.
New or Worsened Symptoms Reported by 318 Individuals after Exposure to Wireless Utility Meters in the USA
- Stress, Anxiety, Irritability
- Ringing in the ears
- Concentration, memory, learning problems
- Fatigue, muscle weakness
- Dizziness, balance problems
- Eye problems
- Cardiac symptoms, heart palpitations, heart arrhythmias
See the rest of the survey results here.
Children suffer headaches, behavioral problems and inability to learn and concentrate.
In the documentary, Take Back Your Power, testing shows a single “smart” meter can produce 8 microwatts per centimeter squared (cm2).
“A bank of smart meters can generate up to 19.8 microwatts/cm2 of whole-body radiation exposure. Meantime, modern medical science confirms that a microwave transmission power of only .05 microwatts/cm2 can cause children to suffer headaches, behavioral problems and inability to learn and concentrate.”https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/environmental-toxins/smart-meters-not-so-smart/
Immediate Changes in Red Blood Cells after Exposure
Dr. Frank Springob demonstrated that “smart” meter radiation exposure quickly produced changes in red blood cells of human volunteers. “Volunteers had their blood examined as normal, then stood within one foot of a transmitting “smart” meter for only two minutes. A post-exposure examination with dark field microscopy showed that all volunteers had developed one of these blood pathologies:”
- Degredation of cells and cell walls.
- Changes in morphology. Blood cells became crimped like bottle caps.
- Red blood cells clumped abnormally together making it difficult for the blood to deliver oxygen to the tissues of the body.
Safety Tips: Reduce EMF’s to Feel Better. Read the article here.
Dietrich Klinghardt, MD PhD
Watch the video, Smart Meters and EMR – The Health Crisis of our Time, by Dietrich Klinghardt, MD PhD
Increased Inflammatory Markers, abnormal hormone levels, abnormal neurotransmitter levels.
In the video above, Dr. Klinghardt reports that patients experienced
- Increased inflammatory markers: TGF-Beta1, MMP-9, and copper.
- Abnormal hormone levels.
- Abnormal neurotransmitter levels
These results were in his patients where he had years of laboratory data to compare their test results before and after the installation of the smart meter in their homes.
Smart meter technology hurts everyone.
Dr. Klinghardt stated that everyone is affected by this devastating technology but not everyone will notice symptoms. Those most at risk are children and unborn children. The womb concentrates electromagnetic radiation.
Steps you can take
In the video, Dr. Klinghardt suggests that people take action as a peaceful warrior (sending legal letters, getting a notarized letter from your doctor).
Get a letter from your doctor
Some people find that having a letter from their physician is helping them get the analog meter instead of the smart meter. The letter must be on your physician’s letterhead and notarized. It can be as simple as the following letter.
I am a Medical Physician licensed by the _______ state Medical Board. ______ Energy company customer, (your name), must avoid exposures to radio frequency emissions to the extent possible to protect their health.
You can always take matters into your own hands. If you don’t want to move off the grid then learn about simple measures that can help reduce the EMF.
Fabric, Blankets and Protective Coatings
Somehow figure out how to the wall with protection. Lead will interfere with the data transmission to your utility company and they will come exploring but there are other options.
Faraday Fabric? Some people are using faraday fabric for extra protection.
While a smart meter cover (shown below) acts like a small faraday cage that blocks the vast majority of EMF radiation, you will still need something on the inside wall of your home to protect the backside of the meter.
- EMR Paint! Some people have used this special paint to coat the walls. Contains: Water, pure acrylic binder, graphite, carbon black. Low VOC. EMR Shielding Solutions EMF Shielding Paint YSHIELD
- EMF shield, picture frame liner – This is a way to shield the other side of the meter on the inside wall. I am sharing the photo below, but take the concept and use the faraday fabric instead.
- Silver-lined baby blanket? It starts to feel overwhelming when you learn what people are doing to protect themselves. Endless ideas are there for you to research. Choose what makes sense for you!
Smart Meter Cover
You can try to cover your “smart” meter with the faraday fabric or a special cover like this. If it reduces the EMF enough to help you feel better, but not so much that the utility company can’t get your signal, that might be a good first step.
Measure your home with an Electromagnetic Detector
You might be shocked to learn how high the EMFs are around the spaces you spend the most time in and around your home.
Measure bedrooms, even near the headboard and other parts of the room. Measure that area where you sit at the computer and that area where you have a power strip with gadgets, clocks, electric blankets, humidifiers etc. plugged in.
Get a device like the two shown below that are easy to use. It will be eye opening.
How to use an electro smog meter or EMF meter
A “smart meter” from your electric power company pulses intermittently.
The “smart” meter pulses can go off at a rate of 2 to 20 per second or more.
To read this pulse strength, hold the meter near the “smart meter” and wait for the bars to jump.
Then read the PEAK number, which will hold for several seconds.
Track and find EMF sources inside your house & office
Measure areas around your home, where you sleep, sit, work and hang out. Measure the output from your microwave to learn how far away you need to stand when running the appliance.
“ComEd put ours (smart meter) on last year. I noticed I was having issues with palpitations and chest pain. It was installed outside our living room near where we usually sit at night. I started searching for solutions. I ended up purchasing a cage to put over the meter off amazon. It was $140 but worth every dollar. Well built, easy to install, can take with for next house and I felt good again!” ~CK
- Use a meter to see where the EMF problems are in your house
- Detects all three types of EMF pollution: AC magnetic, AC electric, and RF/microwave
- Peak Hold captures fast pulses, for measuring fast digital signals
- Fast indicator bar quickly shows hot spots, and adjustable backlight
More Issues with Smart Meters!
Fire Safety Issues
There have been numerous reports of fires, explosions, electrical problems or burned out appliances caused by smart meters.
Pat Wrigley, a former meter reader for Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E), testified at California Public Utilities Commission judicial hearing:
- Smart Meters can cause fires
- PG&E is covering up the risk
Privacy Issues with Smart Meters
Having a smart meter compromises your privacy. Information is available about your electricity usage, and it can be shared, sold, or given to a third-party. Perhaps you will be charged more because of your usage patterns that is deemed to be during peak hours.
Spikes in usage can indicate times that you are home and low use may indicate that you are not home.
A SC man was arrested, tipped off by the power company. Edisto Electric workers called the police to investigate what they deemed to be unusually high electricity use. Yes police found a marijuana farm, but should your electric company be using your usage data in this way?
If you are concerned about the installation of a “smart” meter on your home, then continue learning and searching for information to help you in your local area.
Watch Take Back Your Power
The TAKE BACK YOUR POWER Story
My investigation started out simply enough.
One of my good friends got sick suddenly and no one could figure out why. Then she realized that her electric company had installed a wireless electrical meter–a “smart” meter–at the same time she got ill.
I did a little digging and found that my friend wasn’t alone. I found thousands of stories from regular people who had similar stories.
The US government alone has given over $11 billion to the nation’s largest power companies to roll the smart meter program out as quickly–and as silently–as possible.Take Back Your Power
Here is a book that may give you some helpful information.
The following information is from The EMF Safety Network website.
Still have analog meters?
- Put up a signed refusal notice at your meter: Do not consent sign
- Send your utility a certified letter telling them you do not consent to the installation of a smart meter. See sample refusal letter
- Complain to your Public Utilities Commission (PUC) or utility oversight board.
- Educate and encourage friends, family and community to avoid smart meters.
- Contact your utility and tell them you did not consent to having a smart meter and tell them to restore the analog meter. Be sure to include if you are having problems related to the smart meters, or if you need to protect yourself medically. A declaration can be helpful, see example: http://emfsafetynetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DeclarationJaneDoe.pdf A note from the doctor, or attorney also can be helpful.
- The federal government did not make Smart Meters mandatory: Energy Policy Act of 2005, Title Xll, Subtitle E, Section 1252, (a), (14), (C):“Each electric utility subject to subparagraph (A) shall provide each customer requesting a time-based rate with a time-based meter capable of enabling the utility and customer to offer and receive such rate, respectively.”
- If your utility ignores your request you may want to hire a certified electrician to re-install the analog meter. Analogs are still available despite what the utility company claims. A sample letter and analog kit can be found at FreedomTaker.com. Warning: If you take the above step the utility might turn off your power, and may take legal action against you.
- Do not accept a non-transmitting digital wired meter. Digital meters use a switching-mode power supply, which produces “dirty” electricity on the wiring of your entire home. The safest option is an analog meter.
In some states there are opt out programs that charge punitive fees to retain or restore analog meters. No federal law forces smart meters on customers. While the legal battle continues, you have a couple choices:
- You can resist the fees. Pay your utility bill minus the fee. The risk of this action is they could threaten to turn off your power, or they might try to force a smart meter on your home. In California PG&E has threatened, but not turned off anyone’s power who’ve resisted the fees. They want to avoid media attention and maybe they know they’re standing on shaky legal ground.
- If you’d prefer not to hassle with them you can write a separate check for the fees and write “PAID UNDER DURESS” on your check.
- Educate your neighbors, friends, family and community. Start by sending this link.
- Host a showing of Take Back Your Power.This is a full length award winning smart meter documentary.
- Send a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Post comments on online articles.
- Connect with others- Find a smart meter website in your area.
- Contact representatives at city, county, state and federal level to: call for a moratorium; adopt an ordinance banning smart meter installation; mandate no opt out fees; and demand smart meter health and safety hearings.
- Create and hand out flyers: See examples of simple but older flyers in Spanish, and Beyond the Greenwash
Ditch Mr. Bubble! Here’s a DIY Bubble Bath for good, clean fun!September 16th, 2019
How to have a healthy placenta and healthy pregnancySeptember 10th, 2019
Are Acai Bowls healthy or super-high carb desserts?August 24th, 2019
PseudoGout, CPPDAugust 23rd, 2019
Steroid Nasal Sprays. Is Nasacort Safe?August 22nd, 2019