Nigella sativa, (black seed or black cumin)
Jumpstart the immune system to fight on your behalf,and increase natural killer cells
Black Cumin Benefits
- Black cumin, Nigella sativa, has been shown in science to have “antiviral, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, bronchodilatory, antihistaminic, antitussive activities related to causative organism and signs and symptoms of Covid-19.” [source]
- Black cumin is liver-protective [source]
- Black cumin protects against lung damage induced by various chemicals including cigarette smoke, nicotine and cadmium. Lungs damaged by chemicals will usually show an increase in inflammation, oxidative stress, and apoptosis. Black cumin attenuated lung damage by inhibiting these pathological events [source].
- Black cumin seeds have shown therapeutic promises against kidney diseases. A growing body of literature suggests protective effects of black cumin against a range of chemical/drug/heavy metals/pesticides-induced nephrotoxicity [source].
Black cumin “can establish a balanced inflammatory response by suppressing chronic inflammation and promoting healthy immune response. [source]
How to Prepare Black Cumin Seeds
How to prepare and use the seeds: Lightly toast organic seeds for a few minutes in a warm pan. Grind in a coffee bean grinder and take 1/4 tsp or more in a smoothie or on food twice a day.
I use the method outlined above for heating and grinding the seeds. I started by adding 1/4 tsp to a smoothie and have increased to 1/2 tsp. I currently consume 1/2 – 1 tsp of black cumin seeds daily. When I am not having a smoothie, I will sprinkle the ground seeds on food.
Option to Consuming Black Cumin Seeds: Consume Black Seed Oil
I also have a bottle of Black Seed Oil that I add to hot tea. Start with 1/4 tsp and slowly work up to 1 tsp. Most health experts and natural physicians recommend taking 1 teaspoon of the oil two times per day for therapeutic effects, on an empty stomach/before meals and bedtime. Or once per day, for a healthy maintenance dose or as a preventative measure.
The following information is from Activation Products website:
Referred to As :
“The Highest Level Health Giving Seed Oil”
With reported effectiveness against life-threatening culprits… Black Cumin may be the most effective “all-in-one” health food in existence.
Since 1964, there have been 458 published studies involving black cumin – confirming what Middle Eastern and North African cultures have known for thousands of years.
Black Cumin Seed Oil is quickly becoming the best health product for millions of people internationally.
It’s native source – Nigella Sativa has been involved in hundreds of studies regarding high level wellness, and particularly disease prevention. One of its active ingredients, Thymoquinone, has been effective in reducing the size of existing tumors.
In studies on rats and humans;
Black Cumin Seed Oil has been found to do the following:
- Inhibited tumor growth by up to 50%
- Increased the growth of healthy bone marrow cells by 250%
- Aides in the production of natural interferon
- Demonstrated strong anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Help to protect the body against damage from chemotherapy and radiation
- Deactivated and/or killed certain types of cancer cells
The Tangible Miracle of Black Cumin.
It is one of the earliest cultivated plants in human history. Meaning it was one of the early providers of life.
The main active ingredient in black seed oil is crystalline nigellone.
The seed oil also contains beta sitosterol, thymoquinone, myristic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, palmitoleic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, arachidonic acid, proteins and vitamins B1, B2 and B3. They also contain calcium, folic acid, iron, copper, zinc and phosphorous.
The high content of phytosterols found in Black Cumin Oil – are also necessary for the human body for natural production of hormones, provitamin D and bile acid – aiding in a prevention of endocrine disorders, immune deficiency and the #1 killer – cardiovascular disease.
As a result, these tiny Black Cumin seeds – provide an all-around super multi-vitamin of nutrition.
Quality Counts: Black Seed Oil
How to Consume Black Seed Oil
The “OIL” – is the most effective form to consume Black Cumin because the oil is more concentrated than whole seeds unpressed, and is more readily assimilated.
Also, because of it’s potent, absorbable concentration – only 1 teaspoon is needed per dose.
Most health experts and natural physicians recommend taking 1 teaspoon of the oil two times per day for therapeutic effects, on an empty stomach/before meals and bedtime. Or once per day, for a healthy maintenance dose or as a preventative measure.
Black Cumin can have sedative effects for some though, and because the oils have bile-expelling characteristics, in my opinion, it is best taken in the evening – unless utilizing 2x per day for therapeutic benefits.
- You can take the oil on its own, mixed in water or juice (*great with raw honey), or can be added to warm tea – like herbal chai, etc.
- Many people have also added a small amount to their face & body creams, with phenomenal results. Also beneficial topically for burns, psoriasis and alternative skin disorders.
- Mix with honey and/or garlic for a great tonic for effective immunity-boosting during cold and flu season.
- Black Cumin should be taken daily as a preventative measure for all illness, and life-long vitality.
Only Consume 100% PURE Black Cumin Oil.
Purchase organic, pure-pressed oil that is completely free of all additives – and should be stored in a light-protective and air-sealed Miron bottle.
Currently, Activation Products is the only supplier of pure Black Cumin Oil – matched to these standards.
Dandelion for Liver Support and Health BenefitsFebruary 26th, 2023
Here’s a List of Options for DetoxFebruary 25th, 2023
Broccoli sprouts Help you DETOX – they have indole 3 Carbinol and SulforaphaneFebruary 25th, 2023
Is Vitamin D3 Supplementation Necessary?February 10th, 2023