Dandelion for Water Retention
University Health News:
A natural diuretic is an herb or plant used for their effect on the urinary tract and fluid balance.
Diuretics are primarily used to eliminate excess fluid from body tissues, to flush the urinary tract in the treatment of urinary infections, and in detoxification of the body via increased excretion of waste products through the kidneys.
When It’s Safe to Use a Natural Diuretic
- For edema (tissue fluid accumulation), such as fluid retention due to PMS and other non-serious causes
- For prevention and treatment of uncomplicated urinary tract infections
- For prevention of kidney stones
- For lymphedema (lymphatic congestion) such as swelling in the arm due to previous breast cancer treatment
- Chronic venous insufficiency (such as swelling in the legs due to varicose veins)
- Mild hypertension
Safety of Dandelion Leaf
Dandelion leaf is very safe. Typical doses of the leaf tincture are 3 to 5 mL three times daily.
Dandelion increases urinary excretion (study)
“The data from this human trial demonstrate that an ethanolic extract of T. officinale fresh leaf (1 g:1 mL), increases the frequency and excretion ratio of fluids in healthy human subjects. These results suggest further detailed investigations are warranted.”
J Altern Complement Med. 2009 Aug; 15(8): 929–934. doi: 10.1089/acm.2008.0152
Dandelion with Uva Ursi
Dandelion leaf combined with Uva-Ursi was shown in a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial, to be helpful for treatment of 57 women with chronic bladder infections.
Penn State Hershey reported, “Uva ursi is sometimes used to treat urinary tract infections (UTIs) and cystitis (bladder inflammation). One preliminary study found that uva ursi, when combined with dandelion root and leaf, helped prevent recurrent UTIs.
K & B – Dandelion + Uva Ursi + Parsley + Juniper
K & B™ is formulated to nutritionally support normal kidney and bladder health.* Order K&B, (#3262)
- juniper berries (enhance the body’s efforts to maintain proper fluid balance)
- parsley (supports kidney and bladder function and aids overall urinary health)
- urva ursi (supports both urinary and digestive system health)
- juniper (diuretic, aids digestion, benefits for kidney and bladder)
- Enhanced with therapeutic-grade essential oils.
- Not recommend for children, pregnant or nursing women unless advised by healthcare practitioner.
- Order Here
UvaUrsi (Arctostaphylosuva-ursi) is a mild diuretic for fluid retention, bloating, and swelling. It has great value in diseases of the bladder and kidneys. It is reported to strengthen and impart tone to the urinary tract while helping with inflammation of the urinary tract.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Supporting Nrf2 with Nutrients and Real FoodJuly 2nd, 2019
Are Smart Meters Hazardous to Your Health?June 21st, 2019
MicrogreensJune 17th, 2019