Dermabrasion or Microneedling at Home
Looking for a way to enhance your skin’s youthful glow?
Are derma rollers safe? Is microneedling a good idea?
Yes, I am a fan of the idea because it helps your body produce more collagen.
You can also find a professional to give you a treatment first to see if you want to do it at home.
Dermabrasion or microneedling maximizes the effects of ART Renewal Serum and Moisturizers
Getting Started with Microneedling
Tips from The Oily Esthetician
Basically, the treatment uses a small handheld rolling device called a derma-roller.
It’s covered with many tiny closely-spaced needles.
As you glide the roller along the skin, it creates tiny, fine holes without damaging the epidermis. Its main aim is to create a controlled injury underneath the skin’s surface, so your body will respond by producing more collagen in that area.
Your skin will plump and thicken reducing lines, scars, and even stretch marks! The beauty of this treatment when you do it yourself, is that you are in control of the pressure.
(I read that for home use, stick with .25 or .3, twice a week. The roller with the titanium needles needs to be replaced every month.) What Else CAN IT DO? The brilliance of the microneedling tool is that it is beneficial for everyone. From the improvement of collagen, lines, scars acne, and trauma to the skin and even pigmentation. My favorite thing I teach about this tool is that it dramatically increases the absorption of your (ART Renewal) serum. I recommend using a little serum to start and then applying it again after the treatment. It’s common to absorb 1000x more than you would just applying it on its own.
How to use a Microneedling Roller
Apply ART® Renewal Serum to the face.Use the microneedling device with the following patterns:
Each time you do a pattern, do a set of four to ten passes. Beginners, start with four passes and work up to ten over time.
You will get a little redness, that is expected and will help your body produce collagen.
- Apply ART Renewal Serum before microneedling
- Microneedling creates micro abrasions on the skin so that your body will form collagen naturally to repair the small channels.
- Don’t get too close to underneath the eye.
- After microneedling, apply more ART Renewal Serum.
- Don’t use a moisturizer after you roll for at least four hours.
- Try rolling mid-day or late afternoon so that you can apply your moisturizer at bedtime.
- Moisturizer options:
Moisturizer – Thin to Thick:
- Orange Blossom Moisturizer #21622 (gentle, sensitive skin, for acne prone skin)
- ART Light Moisturizer #5362 (all skin types)
- Boswellia Wrinkle Cream #5141 (combo skin, dry skin)
- Sandalwood Moisturizer #5148
- ART Intensive – thickest #5663
What is ART® Renewal Serum
ART® Renewal Serum is an intricate blend of exotic orchid extract and essential oils that benefits the most delicate areas of the face. ART Renewal Serum has Hyaluronic Acid.These premium ingredients are formulated to deeply nourish, hydrate, and help maintain a youthful appearance.
ART Renewal Serum#5175
Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate)
7 Beauty Products from YL have Hyaluronic Acid
- ART Creme Masque, #5173
- ART Beauty Masque, #20210
- ART Intensive Moisturizer, #5663
- ART Renewal Serum #5175
- Boswellia Wrinkle Cream #5141
- Sandalwood Moisture Cream
- Wolfberry Eye Cream
Does Microneedling Hurt?
You control the pressure when doing it at home.If you feel it is too hard or vigorous, lighten up.
How to Disinfect the Microneedling roller
Quick List – What to Take When SickSeptember 26th, 2023
Everyone Needs to Know: MTHFRSeptember 21st, 2023
Apple Cider Vinegar for HealthSeptember 20th, 2023
Supporting Your Immune SystemSeptember 17th, 2023