Heartburn Help – NOT TUMS
Tums Aren’t Solving Your Problem…
but they are increasing your risk for cancer, headaches, vomiting, dry mouth, constipation and belching.
Wait! Isn’t that why you take Tums … to get rid of some of those symptoms?
Believe me, nobody would like to solve their digestive problems more than someone suffering with gas, bloating, and cramping!
The easy thing to do is reach for that industrial size jug of tums.
This top selling chemical soup is just a band-aid and does not solve the problem.
Ingredients in Tums Assorted Fruit
In the case of Tums Ultra Assorted Fruit you are getting quite a few damaging artificial ingredients along with your calcium carbonate:
MSG (hidden on the label as “natural and artificial flavors)
4 dyes (known to cause neurological problems)
Yellow dyes are known to cause allergic reactions, INDIGESTION, depression, anxiety, migraines, etc.
- All dyes are neurotoxins
- Russell Blaylock, MD and neurosurgeon has written extensively about the neurological problems associated with artificial sweeteners, colors and MSG. These substances can trigger or aggravate neurological diseases, migraine headaches, seizures.
Ingredients – TUMS Extra Strength, Assorted Berries
Calcium Carbonate USP 750mg, Adipic acid, corn starch, FD&C blue #1 lake, FD&C red #40 lake, flavors, mineral oil, sodium polyphosphate, sucrose, talc.
Is there a better way to solve your digestive distress?
Drink pure water
How much? Half your body weight in ounces of pure water (weigh 200 lb = drink 100 oz).
- Filter your own tap water at home (try Aquasana.com) and carry your water in glass or stainless steel containers.
Drink Lemon Water or Apple Cider Vinegar Water (or both!)
Start your day with lemon water
- Try 1-3 tsp of Fairchild’s Raw Apple Cider Vinegar in 8 ounces of water 30 minutes prior to a meal.
- Limit your consumption of beverages during meals. Large amounts of water or other beverage will dilute the stomach acid, hindering digestion.
Eat real food and avoid processed food.
Enjoy clean animal protein ideally organic, pasture-raised when possible, eat lots of vegetables and some fruit.
Skip the bread, pasta, chips, cookies, candy, and other foods made from sugar and refined grains.
Take digestive enzymes and probiotics.
Uncover hidden food sensitivities.
- Try a 30 day experiment: The Reclaim Diet Book will give you everything you need to go grain-free, dairy-free, processed-food-free for 30 days. Eat clean protein, natural fats (olive oil, ghee, coconut oil, avocados) and 6-9 servings of vegetables per day, some fruit/seeds/nuts.
- Drink water only, half your body weight in ounces of water.
- Try the remedies mentioned in this article and see how good you can feel!
Stop yo-yo dieting and starving yourself.
Your body requires regular meals for fuel. Cutting calories and skipping meals will harm your metabolism and your health. Here is more info on gall bladder, and how to eat to keep yours.
A healthy diet and lifestyle impacts the digestive system. Small changes made on a regular basis will lead to big improvements in how you feel and how you digest food.
Instead of Tums …. Try Peppermint
Peppermint Tea or Peppermint Essential Oil (rub on belly or take a few drops of Peppermint Vitality in a capsule).
Instead of Tums….Try Swedish Bitters
Nature Works Swedish Bitters Traditional European herbal formula
Promotes regularity for healthy digestive function.
NatureWorks® Swedish Bitters is an artfully blended extract of selected herbs of unsurpassed quality.
Bitters begin their work the moment they touch your tongue, stimulating the production of digestive components that will help you digest your food.
Mary Ann Copson, Evenstaronline reports:
- stabilize the appetite
- help the body acquire more taste for healthy foods and less taste for unhealthy foods
- activate the gastric secretion of hydrochloric acid and other digestive enzymes
- stimulate the liver to do a more effective cleansing and detoxifying job
- prompt the gallbladder to make bile
- The production of bile helps metabolize fats and keeps elimination moving smoothly.
Instead of Tums … try DiGize
DiGize Vitality is a dietary supplement that provides valuable aid for digestive concerns and helps support a healthy digestive system.*
For dietary or topical use. When using as a supplement, dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Ingredients in this fabulous blend:
Tarragon, ginger, peppermint, juniper, fennel, lemongrass, anise and patchouli.
Get Peppermint and DiGize in the Starter Kit of Essential Oils
Quick List – What to Take When SickSeptember 26th, 2023
Everyone Needs to Know: MTHFRSeptember 21st, 2023
Apple Cider Vinegar for HealthSeptember 20th, 2023
Supporting Your Immune SystemSeptember 17th, 2023