Water and Weight Loss
One of the most important health tips: Drink Adequate Pure Water
- Focus on drinking pure water each day
- Unfiltered water is loaded with toxins
- The best water to drink is water you filter at home – better for the environment and more economical.
- Calculate your daily requirements: divide your weight in pounds by 2, that is how many ounces of water you should drink a day.
- For example, if you weigh 180, your daily requirement is 90 ounces of purified water.
- Herbal tea counts in your total.
- For every cup of caffeine, add 1 cup of additional water.
- Water and Weight Loss – Research presented August, 2010 at the 240th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society (ACS) showed that drinking two glasses of water 30 minutes before each meal will help you to lose more weight.
The 12-week study included 48 adults aged 55-75 years, divided into two groups.
Dieters who drank water before meals, three times a day, lost 5 pounds more than dieters who did not increase their water intake.
- Why it works Consuming more water leaves less room in the stomach for food
With sufficient water intake you will tend to crave proteins more than carbohydrates (Batmanghelidj, You’re Not Sick, You’re Thirsty, p.161).
When you are dehydrated, fluid collects in your tissues.
Your body is smart enough to know that it needs to hold on to water when your intake is too low.
Dr. Batmanghelidj says you can lose 8-14 pounds just by properly hydrating and staying there
Fat is stored when we are dehydrated.
Dehydration can cause a confusion of the signal for thirst and it seems like hunger, so we eat.
I recommend Aquasana water filters, click on the photo below for more info and 30% off.
Dandelion for Liver Support and Health BenefitsFebruary 26th, 2023
Here’s a List of Options for DetoxFebruary 25th, 2023
Broccoli sprouts Help you DETOX – they have indole 3 Carbinol and SulforaphaneFebruary 25th, 2023
Is Vitamin D3 Supplementation Necessary?February 10th, 2023