How to Make A Green Smoothie
I love to prepare a smoothie chock full of fresh produce, a quality protein powder and other nutrient dense ingredients.
A good smoothie to me always includes a fresh avocado to make it creamy.
If you don’t like avocado, skip it. You can add 2 Tbs Almond butter or additional coconut milk.
In the beginning if your taste buds need more sweet, you can add Liquid Stevia Drops. Start with a few drops, taste and adjust.
- Add 1/2 – 1 cup Native Forest whole coconut milk plus another cup + of pure water.
- Add 1 tsp Nutrex Hawaiian Spirulina Powder per serving because it is pure, raw, and powerful. It will give you energy, antioxidants and nutrients galore!
Buy only Spirulina Powder from Hawaii to avoid heavy metal contamination from junk spirulina coming out of Asia and other places.
- I add quality protein powder like
- Raw Protein Powder (plain, vanilla or chocolate)
- Pasture Raised Collagen Peptides
- 2 cups raw organic baby spinach, romaine, or other greens
- 1 tsp Hawaiian Spirulina Powder
- 1 cup berries, frozen
- 1/2 – 1 Avocado
- 1/2 – 1 cup whole Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 – 2 scoops collagen peptides or protein powder
- Water to blend
The best blender: VitaMix Blender
Other great mix-ins are
- A little ground flax seed or soaked chia seeds
- Bragg’s Nutritional Yeast Flakes, 1 Tbs
- 1-2 Tbs raw almond butter
- A variety of vegetables
- 1 tsp L-Glutamine powder. Great for muscle recovery post-workout; nourishes the cells of the gut; helps combat food cravings!
Try your hand at making a quality, nutrient-dense protein smoothie.
If your version doesn’t taste sweet enough, add a few drops of liquid stevia instead of loading the smoothie up with more fruit.
Store in mason jars for a quick grab-n-go meal and use within 2-3 days.
Smoothies can be frozen (I save heavy glass bottles from Synergy Kombucha for freezing).
Collagen Peptides Green Smoothie with SpirulinaMarch 11th, 2018
Matcha Collagen – Numerous Health BenefitsMarch 11th, 2018
Lasting Harm to Lungs from Your Cleaning ProductsMarch 2nd, 2018
Desiccated Beef Liver Capsules – Grass Fed – Pasture RaisedMarch 1st, 2018
Natural Wine – Dry Farming, No IrrigationFebruary 20th, 2018