Beginning with Essential Oils
I recommend Lavender for relaxing, promoting restful sleep. Not just any lavender, however, it must be pure, unadulterated and potent! Let’s learn a little bit about aromatherapy and the use of essential oils for a variety of uses.
Today, I want to talk about why aromatherapy and diffusing can become a part of everyday life with many benefits:
- Purifying the air
- Helping with energy
- Stress relief
- Rest and sleep
The Choices We Make
- The choices we make every day and the way we deal with stress will help us fight disease, or contributes to it.
Examples of factors we can control:
- what we put on your body, and breathe in our home matters
Toxins to avoid include: air fresheners, candles, plug ins, wax burners and sprays, cleaning products, fabric softeners, dryer sheets and more.
Is living a more chemical free life important for you and your family’s health?
My personal journey to get rid of harmful products in the home led me to Young Living eight years ago. With all the many so-called natural companies selling products, it takes some time to sort it out!
I chose Young Living for many reasons:
- YL is the world leader in essential oils and wellness solutions. They own farms, control the planting, growing and harvesting as well as distillation and bottling. For 26 years, this company has been leading the way as the only true essential oil company (every other company on the market buys from oil brokers and does not control every step).
- The Young Living land (farms across the world) is prepared for planting the perfect seed. Plants are grown sustainably and without toxic chemicals and they are harvested at the right time to yield pure, potent plant chemicals through precise distillation. All oils are tested to exacting standards at the YL state-of-the-art laboratory and at third party facilities.
- I wanted to get toxins out and I didn’t want to use candles and air fresheners loaded with man-made chemicals that harm health. I found many essential oils and natural products on the market are full of synthetic ingredients and “fragrance”—a chemical soup of chemicals.
- Eight years ago, I got my starter kit of essential oils (EO) and a beautiful ultrasonic diffuser.
- Desert Mist Ultrasonic Diffuser
- Frankincense essential oil, 5 ml
- Lavender essential oil, 5 ml
- Lemon Vitality™ essential oil, 5 ml
- Peppermint Vitality essential oil, 5 ml
- Citrus Fresh™ Vitality essential oil blend, 5 ml
- DiGize® Vitality essential oil blend, 5 ml
- Thieves® Vitality essential oil blend, 5 ml
- PanAway® essential oil blend, 5 ml
- Peace & Calming® essential oil blend, 5 ml
- Raven™ essential oil blend, 5 ml
- Stress Away™ essential oil blend, 5 ml
- Valor® essential oil blend, 5 ml
- 2 AromaGlide™ Roller Fitments
- Thieves® Spray
- 10 Thieves Waterless Hand Sanitizer Sachets
- 2 NingXia Red® Singles
- Product Guide and Product Price List
- Essential Oils magazine
- The Essential Edge newsletter
- Member resources
Little did I know that diffusing the right EOs in my home was supporting my health while making my home smell amazing.
Besides Essential Oils, YL has a Diverse Product Line
- Personal Care
- Skin Care
- Supplements and Nutrition
- Weight Management
- Home Care
- Products for babies, kids and pets
Today we are going to learn about aromatherapy with essential oils
- how they can help you and your family achieve optimum wellness
- ditch the synthetic toxins
- I will show you how diffusing essential oils will benefit your body, mind and overall wellbeing.
Essential Oils. More Than an Air Freshener.
The smell of an orange when you peel it. The steam rising of a cup of peppermint tea. These odors are the fragrance of a plants essential oils. Essential Oils are potent and aromatic substances that carry concentrations of the plant’s healing properties.
Amygdala and Limbic System
When a fragrance is inhaled, the airborne odor molecules travel up the nostrils to the olfactory epithelium.
- Olfactory receptor cells are triggered
- Sends an impulse to olfactory bulb
- Impulses are transmitted to other parts of the brain.
- Including amygdala where emotional memories are stored.
- Limbic system is connected to parts of the brain that control blood pressure, heart rate and breathing.
- Essential oils can have profound physiological and psychological effects.
The quality of the air we breathe is very important.
Everyone wants clean air that is free of dust, mold, harmful bacteria, unpleasant smells, allergens, pollutants and toxins. More than an air freshener, diffusing the very best essential oils is the most powerful way to clean your air and provide health benefits.
Essential Oils work with your body. Our body is electric and has a frequency to it. We have a natural vibration or set of frequencies that can be measured. Humans vibrate at a frequency of 62 – 72 MHz. The brain has a higher frequency.
When our frequency declines, we tend to get sick.
We can take steps to increase frequency.
Simple ways we can increase our own frequency.
Everything has a vibrational frequency including the food we eat, plants and their essential oils.
- Fresh foods are higher frequency, 15-70 MHz
- Processed food has a low frequency, 0-7mHz
- Essential oils have very high frequency, generally 42 to 320 or even 580 mHz.
Poor quality essential oils won’t have much vibrational punch.
The Benefits of Diffusing
Diffused oils do not just make the air smell good. Unlike commercial air fresheners that try to mask odors, diffused oils can change the molecules that create odors.
Frankincense, Lavender, Lemon, Purification, Thieves are extremely effective for eliminating and destroying airborne germs.
Cold air ultrasonic diffuser
An ultrasonic diffuser atomizes a microfine mist of essential oils into the air, where they can remain suspended for several hours.
Unlike aroma lamps or candles, a diffuser disperses the essential oils without heating or burning which can render the oil therapeutically less beneficial and even create toxic compounds.
Benefits of diffused essential oils:
- Help relax the body
- Relieve tension
- Clear the mind
- Improve concentration, alertness, mental clarity
Three ways to use essential oils
- Drop on Hand – Place 2 or more drops on palm of left hand and rub clockwise with the flat plan of your right hand. Cup your hands together over your nose and mouth and inhale deeply.
- Add drops to a bowl of hot water. Tent head. Inhale the steaming vapors that rise from the bowl.
- Inhale directly from the bottle.
- Rub on chest, neck, wrists, under nose.
- For respiratory support try adding Raven, Peppermint or Thieves to the water.
- You can also do a warm compress.
- Car diffuser
- Jewelry diffuser
Guidelines for Diffusing
- Start by diffusing 15-30 minutes a day and then as you become accustomed to the oils, you may diffuse for several house.
- Diffusers have a timer function.
- For some respiratory concerns you may diffuse the oils the entire night.
- Place the diffuser high in the room, if possible, so the oil mist falls through the air
- Wash the diffuser with THC and warm water or a natural soap and warm water
- No diffuser: add drops of EO to a spray bottle with purified water and mist your home, workplace or car.
Other ways to diffuse
- Sprinkle conifer oils like spruce, cedar or pine onto logs as they burn.
- This method has no therapeutic value, but will smell amazing.
- Add 2 drops to a wet cloth and put in the dryer or add to wool dryer balls.
- Put oils on cotton balls and place around the car, home, work, hotel heating or AC vents.
- It’s been proven by science that essential oils work with our mind and body to affect moods
- We talked about how essential oils can be inhaled and reach the limbic region of the brain.
- Anxiety, depression, fear, anger and joy all emanate from this region.
- The scent of a special fragrance or certain essential oils can directly help with feelings of stress.
- The fragrance of essential oil can directly affect everything from your emotional state to your health and wellness.
There are a number of blends that can uplift moods.
Citrus oils are very uplifting. Lemon, orange, Citrus Fresh blend.
Lemon, Citrus Fresh are in the Premium Starter Kit.
Other oils that uplift moods:
Stress Away and Frankincense (also in the starter kit)
Joy blend and Orange
Purifying the Air
- When your house isn’t smelling so fresh, what’s your go-to diffuser blend to cut through and purify the air?
- Purification and Thieves are two that come to mind or Lemon oil and Purification.
Energy and Motivation
- When are the best times to diffuse oils for motivation and energy? Morning, midday, both?
- Share your diffusing routine for this.
- Motivation – the name says it all.
- Peppermint’s aroma helps energize and invigorate.
Forgetting Your Worries
- Stress relief is something we can all use.
- Stress Away us a wonderful blend (in the Premium Starter Kit), that really helps with daytime stress. Inhale and let the oils get quickly into the limbic region of the brain to calm and relax.
- Peace & Calming is one of the most popular blends that works to calm the mind and create a peaceful environment. I love to apply this blend on the soles of my feet at bedtime.
Courage and Confidence
- Because our body chemistry’s are all different, one blend or oil might work better for one person over another.
- Valor and Grounding both promote feelings of confidence.
- Valor comes in the kit and has blue tansy, frankincense, black spruce and geranium.
- This is a great oil for times when you feel fearful and worried about situations and current events.
- Grounding is good for stabilizing and grounding us so we can cope with reality.
- Instead of resorting to avoidance or putting our head in the sand, we can have a healthy emotional response to situations.
- White Fir, Black Spruce, Ylang Ylang, Pine Cedarwood, Angelica, Juniper.
- Frankincense, known for its use in spiritual and meditative practices, helps calm and can be added to any diffuser blend for emotional support and self-confidence.
- With their ability to calm the mind, essential oils when diffused can create an environment for a good night’s sleep.
- Lavender, Frankincense, Stress Away, Peace & Calming are four top essential oils and blends for promoting a deep restful night’s sleep.
- Sometimes anxiety plays a role in lack of sleep. Use essential oils!
- Dream Catcher blend is for anyone dealing with bad dreams and trouble staying asleep.
- SleepyIze and Lavender for kids.
- Lavender and Cedarwood for adults.
- Diffusing oils and using aromatherapy can benefit everyone’s lives.
- Our health and our family’s health is important and now is the time to make it a priority, because nothing else matters in life if we don’t have our health.
- Many people are ready to make some changes to improve their health and wellness but they just don’t know where to start.
- I know you value your life & your health or you wouldn’t be here today if you didn’t.
- Is it time to take this next step? If so, I recommend beginning your essential oil journey with the 12-essential oil kit. It comes with an ultrasonic diffuser. Starting with the kit will give you a great collection of the most useful and popular essential oils from Young Living.
Premium Starter Kit
- 12 Essential Oils
- Ultrasonic diffuser
- Your purchase of this kit will give you 24% off retail pricing
- Value of this kit is $400, for $165
- Get the starter bundle here
- Add on any essential oils that we talked about here.
- Need help? Erin@GetBetterWellness.com
My Personal Story with YL
- I love being part of the Young Living wellness community
- We have fun learning, sharing ideas and tips.
Fast forward, 11 years later, I love helping others learn how to take care of themselves, naturally, and essential oils are a huge part of that. Along with nutrition and supplements, I consider essential oils to be a major tool in my natural wellness tool box.
For me, this turned into a side business.
The best part is
- I get to help people with their wellness
- I am learning new things every day
- I am having a ton of fun
- And now because Young Living has an industry-leading compensation plan my income is limitless
- I can work from home
There are so many options with Young Living, it fits into your life in a beautiful way
Whatever you choose, your life will be changed!