Getting off Coffee & Pop with Healthy Beverages
Want to reduce or stop coffee?
Focus on drinking pure water each day
If you are thirsty – drink. If you are not thirsty, don’t drink. This may be reasonable except for those who are chronically dehydrated cannot even interpret thirst signals adequately. Until that issue is addressed here’s what to do: Calculate your daily water requirements: divide your weight in pounds by two. This number represents the number of ounces of water to be consumed daily.
For example, a person weighing 150 pounds would need to drink 75 ounces of water. Herbal tea counts in your total water intake but for every cup of caffeine, add one cup of additional water.
According to Dr. Haas in his book, Staying Healthy with Nutrition
12 cups of water per day are needed for proper hydration
This water comes from three sources:
- food we eat (provides 4 cups of water)
- liquids we drink
- the body’s metabolism of food produces water (provides 1 cup of water).
A large majority of Americans are dehydrated
According to Wirthlin Worldwide, a market research company:
- 20% of Americans drink no water at all
- 42% drink two cups or less per day.
We consume beverages like coffee, soda and alcohol that act as diuretics and make us more dehydrated.
For every cup of coffee, soda or alcohol that we consume we must consume an additional cup or two of water to offset the dehydration caused by these beverages.
Dehydration is associated with a number of conditions:
- Fatigue and Chronic Fatigue
- Dry mouth, Dry skin
- Dry eyes and cataracts
- Joint and muscle pain
- Headaches and migraine
- Bladder infections and kidney stones
- Constipation, colitis
- Back pain
- Heart burn
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Muscular dystrophy
Filter your drinking water adequately
Tap water is full of contaminants.
- The best water to drink is water you filter at home with a system like Aquasana.
- This affordable system removes the toxic chemicals but leaves minerals intact.
Make your own flavored water
- Add fresh lemon or lime juice and stevia to filtered water.
- Even easier, try adding Vitality essential oils to flavor water.
- Brew green tea or herbal tea and pour over ice.
Try coconut water with no additives. This is the best natural sports drink available.
Green tea has less caffeine but more health benefits (more antioxidants, turns up fat-burning, alkalinizing, reduces lipids) than acidic coffee.
Dandy Blend is a great tasting coffee alternative to reduce or eliminate coffee.
I add Sacred 7 Mushroom powder + Dandy Blend + Water to my cup of coffee.
Vitality essential oils – great flavor!
More ideas: How to use Vitality Essential oils
Dandelion for Liver Support and Health BenefitsFebruary 26th, 2023
Here’s a List of Options for DetoxFebruary 25th, 2023
Broccoli sprouts Help you DETOX – they have indole 3 Carbinol and SulforaphaneFebruary 25th, 2023
Is Vitamin D3 Supplementation Necessary?February 10th, 2023