Reduce Risk with Vitamin D
Former CDC Chief Dr. Tom Frieden: Coronavirus infection risk may be reduced by Vitamin D
Tom Frieden, MD article on Fox News:
“Vitamin D may strengthen the immune system, particularly of people whose Vitamin D levels are low.”
“Vitamin D supplementation reduces the risk of respiratory infection, regulates cytokine production and can limit the risk of other viruses such as influenza.
A respiratory infection can result in cytokine storms – a vicious cycle in which our inflammatory cells damage organs throughout the body – which increase mortality for those with COVID-19. Adequate Vitamin D may potentially provide some modest protection for vulnerable populations.
“This is especially important for people who are Vitamin D deficient – and, surprisingly, that might include more than 40 percent of US adults. People who live in the northern part of the U.S. are at greater risk of deficiency.”
Get Vitamin D3 with K2
Vitamin D frees up calcium. K2 is like a traffic cop, helping calcium move out of the arteries into bones.
Quality Options at 15% off here.
Here are some options for you on Wellevate:
- D3 5,000 + K60 Softgels, #M50062 (in olive oil)
- D3 10,000 + K60 Gels, #M34468 (in olive oil) Recommended when your levels below 40ng/mL or for those with autoimmune conditions
- D3-K2 Drops, #BP3811 (in olive oil), 4,833 IU per serving (2 drops)
- K2 MK-7 & D3 60 vegcaps, #P04836, not in olive oil, 5,000IU D3
- Adult D3 & K2 120 caps, #C56200, not in olive oil, 2,000 IU D3
- Kids D3 & K2 10.16 ml, #C15302, (in MCT oil), 1,000 IU D3 per drop
- Liquid Vit D3 & MK-7 1 fl oz, #P03795, (in MCT oil), 2,500 IU D3 in 5 drops
Helpful supplements like Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, zinc, probiotics and other immune supporting supplements are worth having in the medicine cabinet all the time.
Here’s how much Vitamin D3 I take
We are taking 10,000 IU per day typically. If we feel like we might be getting sick, we ramp up significantly to 50,000 IU or more, per day, for three days.
Dose: Typically at this time of year, most people need 5,000 IU to 10,000 IU per day. If you have not been supplementing, you are probably deficient. Test your Vitamin D3 levels with this at-home kit!
Everyone needs to supplement. If you get D3 drops, you can easily give it to the whole family, 1,000 IU for the little ones. More info on Vitamin D3 Dosage.