Hormones – Step 1
Food and Hormones
How many women are waking at 3:00 a.m.?
- this is not a true sleep problem.
- it is a blood sugar problem.
Why the weight gain at menopause?
- Our carb-heavy food-pyramid-diet finally begins to catch up to us
- Sets you up for insulin resistance
- People gain weight, especially abdominal fat
- Blood sugar levels gradually begin to fluctuate more when we eat
- You are on the blood sugar roller coaster, the rapidly falling blood sugar produces symptoms
- Brain drives you to eat quicky carbs, sweets, starches to raise glucose fats
- Are you snacking after dinner on chips, cereal, baked goods, popcorn, ice-cream?
- You are on a blood sugar roller coaster
- During the night your blood sugar is going to drop to fast, the brain senses an emergency, adrenal glands produce adrenalin to raise blood sugar.
- The surge of adrenalin will pop you awake.
- Do you have symptoms of low blood sugar or hypoglycemia during day?
- Do you stash snacks and candy everywhere?
- If you go 3 or 4 hours without food, is it a crisis situation?
- Do you feel anxious, hot, sweaty, weak if a meal is skipped?
- You are on a blood sugar roller coaster and possible pre-diabetes
What to do for rapidly falling blood sugar
- Stabilize blood sugar 24/7
- No meal skipping, eat 3 meals a day. Substantial breakfast.
- PFV – Meals are Protein, Fat, Vegetables
- Avoid foods that spike blood sugar (candy, soda, things made out of flour, juice, froo froo drinks at Starbucks)
- Join my Facebook real food group: Get Better 2018
The beauty of eating this way – low carb, real food
- Lose weight
- Sleep better
- Reduced PMS pain and symptoms
- Reduced inflammation everywhere
- Less brain fog, mental clarity
- Improves skin
- Increases energy
Do you eat right, but still wake up in the middle of the night?
Have a Fat Snack before bed
- 1/2 c berries with coconut milk
- 1/2 Apple with 2 Tbs nut butter
- 1/2 avocado with a clementine
- Apple slices sautéed in butter with cinnamon
- 1/3 c Guacamole with veggies
- Avocado pudding
Everyone Needs to Know: MTHFRMay 5th, 2019
Natural Help for Sinus InfectionsMay 2nd, 2019
Signs and Symptoms – B12May 1st, 2019
Dandelion for Water RetentionApril 30th, 2019