Quickie Video – Omega 3 Fatty Acids
What are Omega 3 Fatty Acids?
How can we get them in our diet?
What about supplementation?
Do you take Omega 3’s daily?
- Everyone needs to eat wild caught fish a few times a week.
- DHA Benefits for brain and eyes
- Choose supplements carefully. Many omega 3 supplements on the market are already rancid and will CAUSE inflammation.
- Don’t just look at the front of the bottle at “mg of fish oil” as the most important numbers are EPA and DHA mg. Look at the amount of EPA and DHA on the back.
Options for supplementation
- Perque EPA/DHA Guard (Item#: EPA29). 2 capsules = 660mg EPA and 500mg DHA.
- Carlson Cod Liver Oil Lemon, (Item #: CODL3). 2 tsp = 800mg EPA and 1,000mg DHA.
- YL OmegaGize: 4 capsules = 135mg EPA and 310mg DHA
Cod Liver oil has EPA, DHA, Vitamin A, Vitamin D
|Carlson Cod Liver Oil, 1 tsp (I recommend taking 2 tsp)|
|Vitamin A (from cod liver oil and retinyl palmitate) RAE||255 mcg|
|Vitamin D (from cod liver oil and cholecalciferol) (400 IU)||400 IU|
|Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol & mixed tocopherols)||6.7 mg|
|Norwegian Cod Liver Oil||4.6 g|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids 1||1100 mg|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)||500 mg|
|EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)||400 mg|
Erin Chamerlik, Nutritionist
Everyone Needs to Know: MTHFRSeptember 21st, 2023
Apple Cider Vinegar for HealthSeptember 20th, 2023
Supporting Your Immune SystemSeptember 17th, 2023
Insomnia and Buttered CigarettesSeptember 15th, 2023