Camp Chef Woodwind SG 24 Pellet Grill with Sear Box
- SMART SMOKE TECHNOLOGY- The digital temperature control and automatic auger feed pellets into the grill to maintain the heat for you and produce the optimal amount of smoke. Just set it and let it—no more babysitting.
- ENDLESS VERSATILITY- Grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and barbecue all your favorite foods with premium wood-fired flavor on a single grill. Cook how you want with a huge temperature range at your fingertips, from 160° F up to 500° F.
- HUGE COOKING AREA- 811 square inches of cooking surface area and a removable upper warming rack give you enough room to cook for the entire neighborhood. Load up the grill with whole chickens, brisket, jerky, and more.
- PATENTED ASH CLEANOUT- Cleaning between cooks is as easy as pulling a lever, thanks to the exclusive Ash Cleanout system you won’t find on any other grill. That means less time wrestling with the vacuum and more time enjoying heavenly food.
- PERFECT SEARED FINISH- The included Sear Box reaches temperatures up to 900° F for a crisp, caramelized sear. Smoke burgers, steaks, chicken, and more on the grill, then transfer to the propane-fueled Sear Box to finish.
Sick and tired of bad BBQ?
Well, so are your friends, neighbors, and family members.
With the Woodwind SG wood fire pellet grill, put the bland chicken and burnt steak behind you, and become the grill master you were born to be. With digital temperature control, the Woodwind does all the work for you. All you have to do is turn it on, set the temperature, and let it work while you play—no more babysitting.
Fueled by hardwood pellets
Hardwood pellets generate heat and smoke, infusing your food with a savory wood fire taste that’ll make your taste buds sing. With grill temperature settings from 160°F to 500°F, and the included Sear Box that reaches up to 900° F, you can expect perfect results, whether you’re grilling, smoking, baking, roasting, braising, barbecuing, or even searing. When you’re finished, cleanup is a breeze thanks to Camp Chef’s patented ash clean-out cup system. No Camp Chef competitor has an easier ash clean-up process.
Here’s a quick breakdown of what the Woodwind SG features over Camp Chef’s already industry-leading legacy Woodwind:
- Slide & Grill Technology
- One of the most revolutionary additions to the Woodwind or any grill in the industry for that matter, with the pull of a knob you can smoke a brisket for 15 hours or unleash a quick flame broil cook for your burgers. Two flavor profiles—one grill.
- Increased Hopper Capacity
- While the traditional Woodwind grill rocks an 18 lb hopper, the Woodwind SG holds 22 for longer cook-time before pellets need to be added.
- Dual Meat Probes
- In just a matter of seconds you’ll get an accurate reading of what’s going on under the lid. Two meat probes means you can get a more precise read on your next meal.
- 40% More Cook Space
- The increased height of the pellet grill chamber allows you to crank out more food. Feed more people and get the most out of your pellet grill.
- Removable Racks
- Bottle Opener
I’m a Former Traeger User! Verified Purchase.
2. Because of the heat issue with Traeger I couldn’t sear a steak. This lack of tempurature also made it difficult to cook chicken breasts, hamburgers, dogs, etc in any kind of timely manner. This frustrated me to the point I went and bought a grill! What’s the point of having an “all in one grill” if it’s really just not that. It kind of defeated the purpose.
3. Traeger lacks a hopper and firebox clean out. This is incredibly frustrating when switching between wood types or to simply clean it.
4. Traeger temperatures were constantly all over the place. For example, on 70-80 degree days I learned to set my controller at 180 if I wanted to cook at 225-230. It was not uncommon to see temperature swings of +/- 30 degrees. Some Traeger users will tell you “yeah but did you play with the p-settings?” Why? Why would I want to have to constantly adjust a setting to make it hold a temp within +/- 5 degrees. Let’s be honest. Most people want to set it and forget it. I fall into that category.
The competition blend pellets have an excellent flavor and when on low smoke setting, it takes that flavor deep into the meat.
I’m happy to report the Woodwind holds the temp nice and steady within 5 degrees, and aside from the initial test I haven’t used my igrill since!
Long story short, buy one!
The steak reached an internal temp of 125 F within an hour and was ready for a 1 minute sear on each side.
The steak had a light smoky flavor and came out perfectly without the typical “bullseye” traditional red only in the middle patterning.
Top Reasons Why Camp Chef Wood Pellets are Better!
- 100% all-natural premium food grade pellets
- No oils, chemicals or additional flavors added
- Kiln-dried, low moisture content for quick ignition
- Safe in all Pellet Grills, Smokers and Barbecues
- Great smoke flavor without breaking the bank
- Burns more efficiently and completely with less clean up
- Renewable fuel source for cooking
Chia Super Food for Energy, Weight Loss & MoreFebruary 8th, 2023
Raw Organic Pumpkin, Flax and Sunflower SeedsJanuary 16th, 2023
Sprouting 101December 18th, 2022
Trying to Lose Weight? Why I Recommend Avoiding Most Dried FruitOctober 3rd, 2022
Why Eat Grass-Fed MeatSeptember 14th, 2022