Selenium – from Brazil Nuts or Supplement
Brazil Nuts are the best source of selenium, 2 or 3 a day is all you need. That is assuming that the tree grows in selenium-rich soil.
Selenium is important!
- Helps prevent cancer.
- Really important for proper thyroid function. (Hashimoto’s friends, add 2 or 3 Brazil nuts daily if you aren’t supplementing).
- Supports a healthy heart and immune system.
- Reduces heavy metal toxicity.
Food sources of selenium
- Herring, smelt
- Brazil nuts
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lobster, shrimp, clams, oysters
Recommended intake of Selenium
- Recommended dose: 200mcg/day (no more than 400mcg from supplements and food)
- My doc wants me to supplement certain amounts of selenium, zinc, etc, so I take Klaire Labs LDA Trace Mineral Complex:
- 200mcg Selenium plus
- 30mg Zinc, 2mg Copper
- Iodine, 200mcg
- Chromium 200mcg
- (Its on Wellevate, with my discount, it’s just $8.08)
Four Natural Remedies for Vaginal DrynessDecember 7th, 2019
Couple loses 51 and 40 pounds and reverses several chronic health problems.November 21st, 2019
Whole Healthy Journey – One Month to Wellness & Weight LossNovember 21st, 2019
Soybean in the CrossfireNovember 16th, 2019
Selenium – from Brazil Nuts or SupplementNovember 14th, 2019