Selenium – from Brazil Nuts or Supplement
Brazil Nuts are the best source of selenium, 2 or 3 a day is all you need. That is assuming that the tree grows in selenium-rich soil. The problem is, it may sound like a good idea, but people are not as consistent eating Brazil Nuts as they are supplementing.
Selenium is important!
- Helps prevent cancer.
- Really important for proper thyroid function. (Hashimoto’s friends, add 2 or 3 Brazil nuts daily if you aren’t supplementing).
- Supports a healthy heart and immune system.
- Reduces heavy metal toxicity.
Food sources of selenium
- Herring, smelt
- Brazil nuts
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lobster, shrimp, clams, oysters
Recommended intake of Selenium
- Recommended dose: 200mcg/day (no more than 400mcg from supplements and food)
- My doc wants me to supplement certain amounts of selenium, zinc, etc, so I take Klaire Labs LDA Trace Mineral Complex, Item #EPDT2:
- 200mcg Selenium plus
- 30mg Zinc, 2mg Copper
- Iodine, 200mcg
- Chromium 200mcg
- Its on Wellevate. Register for a free account and save 15%.
Dealing with Post COVID-19 and vaccine injuryDecember 1st, 2023
Babassu OilNovember 18th, 2023
Castor Oil Uses and Castor Oil PacksNovember 13th, 2023
Penetrating Salve for Warts, Skin Tags, Corns or CallusesNovember 13th, 2023
Getting off Coffee?November 7th, 2023