Selenium – from Brazil Nuts or Supplement
Brazil Nuts are the best source of selenium, 2 or 3 a day is all you need. That is assuming that the tree grows in selenium-rich soil. The problem is, it may sound like a good idea, but people are not as consistent eating Brazil Nuts as they are supplementing.
Selenium is important!
- Helps prevent cancer.
- Really important for proper thyroid function. (Hashimoto’s friends, add 2 or 3 Brazil nuts daily if you aren’t supplementing).
- Supports a healthy heart and immune system.
- Reduces heavy metal toxicity.
Food sources of selenium
- Herring, smelt
- Brazil nuts
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lobster, shrimp, clams, oysters
Recommended intake of Selenium
- Recommended dose: 200mcg/day (no more than 400mcg from supplements and food)
- My doc wants me to supplement certain amounts of selenium, zinc, etc, so I take Klaire Labs LDA Trace Mineral Complex, Item #EPDT2:
- 200mcg Selenium plus
- 30mg Zinc, 2mg Copper
- Iodine, 200mcg
- Chromium 200mcg
- Its on Wellevate. Register for a free account and save 15%.