Paleo Tuscan Chicken
When you need to feed a large group or just want to have enough leftovers to freeze or freeze dry, this is a great recipe.
Season chicken and brown
- 5 pounds boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1-3 Tbs. avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 12 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 Tbs Arrowroot powder
- 1.5 cups coconut cream (or 1 can full fat coconut milk with liquid drained off)
- 1.5 Tbs stone ground mustard
- 3 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Cut the fat off the chicken thighs if preparing for the freeze dryer.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- In a large skillet add avocado oil and cook the chicken thighs on medium heat for 5-7 minutes per side. Chicken should be browned with no pink on the inside. You will want to cook the chicken in batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onions and cook until soft.
- Add pressed garlic.
- Add arrowroot powder to the onions along with coconut cream. Stir to combine.
- Add mustard, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning and cook until the sauce thickens. If you prefer a thinner sauce, add broth (but no broth needed if freeze drying).
- Add spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes.
- If preparing this dish for the freeze dryer, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add chicken back to the skillet and cook until heated through.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.
To Prepare the Dish for the Freeze Dryer
- To prepare for the freeze dryer, transfer Tuscan Chicken to silicone 8×8 pans (2 cups per pan) and freeze overnight. Transfer the frozen chicken to four freeze dryer trays. Set the freeze dryer to “not frozen” and let the system process normally.
post contains affiliate links