Berberine supports healthy cholesterol and blood sugar levels, and a normal balance of microbes in the respiratory and GI tracts.
“I was prediabetic in June and in 30 days my A1c went from 6.1 to 5.3 with zero dietary changes. My naturopath had recommended this brand (Integrative Therapeutics Berberine – Metabolic Support) supplement for me. Highly recommend.” Tanya
Berberine supports healthy:
• blood sugar metabolism and insulin metabolism
• metabolic function
• cardiovascular function and lipid metabolism
• insulin receptor expression, with direct impact on supporting healthy glucose metabolism
• regulation of glycation
Studies support the use of Berberine for blood sugar control
In one study, 48 adults with poorly controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus were treated supplemented with berberine in a 3-month trial. Berberine acted by lowering fasting blood glucose and postprandial blood glucose from 1 week to the end of the trial. Hemoglobin A1c decreased from 8.1%+/-0.2% to 7.3%+/-0.3% (P<.001). Fasting plasma insulin and homeostasis model assessment of insulin resistance index were reduced by 28.1% and 44.7% (P<.001), respectively. Total cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol were decreased significantly as well. (source)
- could improve insulin sensitivity and promote insulin secretion
- BBR regulates glucose and lipid metabolism in liver
- BBR reduces intestinal absorption of glucose
- BBR possesses antioxidant activities aimed at diabetic complications
- BBR has been demonstrated to treat type 2 diabetes possibly via modulating the composition of gut microbiota (enrichment of beneficial microbiota and inhibition of harmful microbiota) (source)
Beware: Don’t buy professional grade supplements on Amazon. Save 15% here and have peace of mind.
Berberine is an active constituent of many plants including Phellodendron amurense root.
- Berberine activates adenosine monophosphate kinase (AMPK).
- AMPK is activated through various mechanisms including exercise to support glucose metabolism via an insulin-independent mechanism.
- Berberine has been the subject of human, randomized placebo-controlled trials.
These plants have been used in traditional Chinese and other herbal medicine systems for centuries. More recent characterization and isolation of the main active constituent, berberine, has led to the development of this Berberine hydrochloride supplement.
Each capsule of Berberine shown above contains 500 mg berberine HCl.
Save 15% on Professional grade Berberine here
Belly Fat, Be Gone!September 20th, 2022
Healthy fatSeptember 9th, 2022
How to Nebulize Hydrogen PeroxideSeptember 5th, 2022
Carb Cravings & Solutions – Supplements and Essential OilsSeptember 1st, 2022