Paleo Hot Sour Soup with Shitake Mushrooms
Ingredients: Always choose organic when possible
- 1/4 cup Tamari Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbs Sriracha
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs butter
- Shitake mushrooms, about 10, sliced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 6 oz Bamboo shoots (canned), sliced
- 1/2 – 1 lb pork tenderloin, pasture-raised, sliced into thin strips
- 7 cups chicken bone broth, divided
- 3 Tbs arrowroot powder
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions for garnish
- In a small bowl mix: Coconut Aminos, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, Sriracha, honey, red pepper flakes, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder. Set aside.
- Heat butter in soup pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms, ginger, bamboo shoots and pork. Cook two minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the Coconut Aminos sauce mixture and stir to combine.
- Add 6 cups of chicken bone broth to the pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup chicken broth and 3 Tbs arrowroot powder. Whisk together and then add to the soup. Continue to cook until the soup thickens slightly.
- Whisk the two eggs together, then whisk the eggs into the soup.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed (sriracha, salt, or vinegar to increase the sour flavor)
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with chopped green onion for garnish.
Grass-fed Beef Tenderloin Tips with Coconut Milk GravyNovember 6th, 2023
Pepper, Onion, Mushroom Egg BakeNovember 5th, 2023
Double Chocolate Brownie, Gluten-Free, Dairy-FreeNovember 4th, 2023
Paleo Hot Sour Soup with Shitake MushroomsOctober 25th, 2023
Simple SyrupOctober 25th, 2023