The Power of One Amazing Habit
How many times have we vowed to “eat better” or stick to a diet?
Filled with optimism and good intentions we jump with both feet into the deep end of the new plan only to find ourselves missing the mark, feeling defeated and quitting the plan. People can lose weight on most diets, the problem is they are not sustainable for the long haul and often times diets are out of balance and unhealthy.
This is where the Power of One Amazing Habit comes in. What if we chose to change just one tiny thing and didn’t even think about other changes until we had mastered the first tiny change? Yes, our goal is to “eat better” but how about if we eat that elephant one bite at a time? For today, let’s focus on incorporating one new habit into our busy lives. I promise this won’t hurt! Read on….
Daily Lemon Water – One amazing Habit
What to do:
- Upon rising, drink a glass of pure water.
- Then, squeeze 1/2 fresh, raw lemon into a glass of water and drink it.
- Rinse your mouth out with more pure water to get the lemon off your teeth and gums (not good for the enamel).
The lemon is unique in many ways. The chemist in me appreciates that the lemon, unlike other foods, has more anions than cations. Say, what? The electrical charge of fresh, raw lemons is unlike any other food – it is similar to the digestive enzymes in our body. Even though a lemon is acidic it has a powerful alkalinizing effect on the body…this is good! Why?
Lemons can relieve many digestive problems:
- Nausea, heartburn, bloating, and belching
- Constipated? (Most people are! We should have at least 1-2 bowel movements a day; 3 is a bonus!)
Make sure you are drinking about 2 quarts of water a day.
Drink one glass of fresh lemon water in the morning.
- Lemon water helps to turn on the body’s energy and to cleanse and activate the liver, flushing out toxins. It turns on your liver, warming up the engine, preparing the liver to support the digestive process.
- Lemons are great for the immune system. 1 lemon gives you 47% RDA of vitamin C.
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice has just 15 calories.
- Drinking lemon juice prevents kidney stones from EVER happening in the first place. (Undissolved calcium forms crystals that end up passing through the kidneys and into the urinary tract- causing pain when one is large enough to get stuck.)
- Lemon juice is acidic, that allows the calcium to dissolve in the blood, be absorbed into the digestive tract and therefore be unable to cause kidney stones.
- Lemon has a powerful effect on the body’s biochemistry and pH levels.
- It’s an acidic food that makes the body more alkaline. Disease doesn’t like to live in an alkaline body, lemons are powerful alkalinizers!
Lemons have vitamins and minerals
- Vitamin C – vital for the immune system. Provides 47% Daily value
- Vitamin B, riboflavin
Drinking lemon water is one amazing habit to begin incorporating into your daily routine.
Give it a try and see how you feel!
Smoothie for a Meal: Veggie-Packed Green Protein SmoothieMarch 8th, 2022
Beef Tagine in Tomato SauceDecember 30th, 2021
Turmeric BenefitsOctober 19th, 2021