Quercetin is found in food. It is a flavonoid. Flavonoids are water-soluble plant pigments, which are responsible for the antioxidant capacity of fruits and plants.
Quercetin is the most abundant flavonoid in vegetables and fruits and has been the most widely studied to determine the biological effects of flavonoids [source].
Quercetin has a wide range of benefits: [source]
- immune system regulation
- cardioprotective (protects cardiovascular system)
- neuroprotective (protects brains cells and function)
- energy production from mitochondria
- restores gut microbiome imbalance (a healthy gut is necessary for a healthy immune system)
Quercetin helps your immune system
- Quercetin boosts your immune system.
- Quercetin and Zinc work hand-in-hand.
- Quercetin allows zinc to exert its proven antiviral properties by helping zinc get into cells.
Quercetin is affordable, beneficial and safe. What do you have to lose?
Quercetin-Bromelain Forté™ provides a mixture of proteolytic enzymes and bioflavonoids.
- Helps regulate the immune cytokine response.
- Protects cells and tissues against free radicals.
- Bromelain, papain, and pancreatin provide a mixture of protein-specific and other enzymes that help ensure proper breakdown of protein molecules that may otherwise cause irritation.
- Vitamin C supports histamine metabolism, detoxification processes, and collagen synthesis.
- Item #KL6249
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin C (as magnesium ascorbate)||200 mg|
|Magnesium (as magnesium ascorbate)||15 mg|
|Quercetin (as quercetin dihydrate)||500 mg|
|Bromelain (600 GDUΔ)(pineapple enzyme)||250 mg|
|Papain (300,000 PUΔ) (papaya enzyme)||150 mg|
|Pancreatin 8X USP (from porcine pancreas)||50 mg|
|Equivalent to 400 mg pancreatin USP with the following enzyme activity:|
|Lipase 800 USP Units|
|Protease 10,000 USP Units|
|Amylase 10,000 USP Units|
Quercetin Suggested Use
500mg, 1 to 2 times daily or as directed by a healthcare professional. If stomach upset occurs, take with a small amount of food.
Quercetin is a Zinc Ionophore
Ionophores help carry zinc into cells. Quercetin supplement and green tea extract, EGCG, can do this.
Foods rich in Quercetin
Quercetin is a pigment, phytochemical/polyphenol/flavonoid that is in the skins and leaves of many fruits and vegetables including wolfberries, berries, pomegranates, plums, aronia, elderberries, asparagus, red onion, apples, kale, okra, spinach.
Get Zinc into the Cells to Block Viral Replication. It has to be used in conjunction with zinc to be effective.
Other Beneficial Supplements
It is recommended that people get their vitamin d levels in the range of 80-100 by taking D3 10,000 + K2 daily. If you feel sick, you will take much more for three days, then drop back to 10,000 IU.
Other helpful daily supplements include buffered vitamin C powder, 1,500mg daily (or more when feeling sick), Zinc (a multi mineral supplement that includes selenium).
Daily Supplement Recommendations
- Quercetin, 500mg as Quercetin-Bromelain Forté 100, #KL6249
- D3 10,000 + K2, 1 gel cap per day, Item #M34468
- Buffered Vitamin C Powder, 1500mg daily, or more as Potent C, #PERQ4 or Buffered Ascorbic Acid Powder, #BUF12
- Zinc, Selenium Potassium in a Mineral Complex daily as Klaire LDA Trace Mineral Complex, #EPDT2.
LDA Trace Mineral Complex
|Iodine (as potassium iodide)||200 mcg|
|Zinc (as TRAACS® zinc bisglycinate chelate)||30 mg|
|Selenium (as L-selenomethionine)||200 mcg|
|Copper (as TRAACS® copper bisglycinate chelate)||2 mg|
|Manganese (as TRAACS®manganese bisglycinate chelate)||4 mg|
|Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate)||200 mcg|
|Molybdenum (as TRAACS® molybdenum glycinate chelate)||250 mcg|
|Potassium (as potassium chloride)||100 mg|
|Boron (as boron citrate)||200 mcg|
|Vanadium (as bisglycinato oxovanadium) (BGOV)||150 mcg|
|Silica (derived from Horsetail) (Equisetum arvense)(whole herb)||100 mcg|
Don’t wait til you are sick!
Bentonite Clay MaskJuly 8th, 2022
Magnesium deficiency can trigger osteoporosisJune 22nd, 2022