NATURAL Relief for Sinus Infections
You have a sinus microbiome!
Chronic sinusitis? You have complex communities of microbes living in you. In fact, at any one time, an individual can host 10 to 100 trillion microorganisms. Microorganisms outnumber your human cells by at least a factor of 10. (Who is driving this bus!)
Bacterial and fungal communities live in your respiratory tract. Healthy microbial communities help fight infection and reduce inflammation.
Why Antibiotics tend to make Sinus Infections Worse
In 1999, Mayo Clinic researchers found the cause of most chronic sinus infections is actually an immune system response to fungus.
96% of sinus infections are fungal related, not bacterial. (Mayo Clinic) When docs prescribe antibiotics for sinus infections without testing, they are causing a catch-22, worse problems with no relief long term. Your doctor can swab the inside of your nose to collect a specimen that will help determine if you have a bacterial or fungal infection.
Fungal hyphae can form fungus balls in the sinus, sometimes causing an obstruction. Ok, you are right, this is bad! Let’s talk about possible first steps you can take before the hyphae start wadding up into balls.
Not Medical Advice
This information does not replace medical advice from your physician. You just may want to print out a copy of the Mayo study highlighting the part about 96% of sinus infections are fungal. Be ready to hand the study to your doctor if you are hastily diagnosed without testing and handed an antibiotic prescription.
Antibiotic use will leave people without a resolution for 96% of sinus infections. Unfortunately, we are all aware that antibiotics take a toll on intestinal health. Antibiotics don’t kill fungal infections. You may have a bit of relief as they do kill bacteria also present, but the fungus is left to continue to grow and multiply. Colloidal Silver fights bacteria and fungus. Using colloidal silver nasal preparations can eliminate a fungal infection in as little as one week.
How to Use Colloidal Silver Nasal Spray
I use colloidal silver sinus spray as a safe option for clogged sinuses. The directions recommend 5 squirts up each nostril, 1-7 times a day. Do this at least morning and evening.
Other Ways to Support the Respiratory System
Essential Oils are powerful tools to use when fighting respiratory and sinus issues. Please note, not all essential oils are safe and most should not be taken internally or applied topically. I only recommend Young Living.
Inner Defense capsules Inner Defense (gel capsules prefilled with key essential oils) reinforces systemic defenses, promotes healthy respiratory function, and offers immune support through potent essential oils, including Oregano, Thyme, and Thieves® (a blend of five essential oils). Inner Defense creates unfriendly terrain for yeast and fungus. Dissolves quickly for maximum results. I take this gem when feeling under the weather – essential oils in the capsules do not kill off normal flora like antibiotics do!
- Take 1 softgel 3−5 times daily when needed.
- For best results, take a probiotic 8 hours after using Inner Defense.
- Get Inner Defense here.
Thieves Essential Oil Blend
Thieves® essential oil is a legendary blend of purifying essential oils, Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus radiata, and Rosemary, known for immune support and cleansing properties when taken internally and refreshing breathing experiences aromatically and topically. Thieves and Thieves Vitality are the same essential oil blend.
- Put a few drops of Thieves essential oil in a clear vegetable capsules and take several times a day. Learn more here.
- Add 1 drop Thieves essential oil to warm tea or water.
- Get Thieves, Capsules or Oregano here.
Make Your Own Essential Oil Capsules
- Thieves, Oregano and Copaiba (good support when inflammation is out of control) – 3 drops each in a capsule.
- Get empty capsules here.
Clearing and Soothing Sinus issues
- Tent your head over a bowl of hot water. Add your favorite sinus support oils including Raven, Peppermint and/or Thieves.
- See how to do this in my video here.
- Spray Colloidal Silver Nasal Spray in the nasal passages.
- Use a Neti Pot to clear nasal passages.
- Vitamin D3/K2 Available in 5,000 IU or 10,000 IU. I take increased doses for three days with initial symptoms then return to either 5,000 or 10,000 IU. Take D3 + K2 to raise your level of Vitamin D to 50-80 ng/dl.
- Take Cod Liver Oil (about 2-3 tsp per day) to boost Omega 3 levels.
- Take probiotics like Life 9 Probiotics to build up your immune system
- Serrapeptase is a systemic enzyme that has been used for a wide range of health concerns. Serrapeptase is useful in treating chronic respiratory diseases, sinusitis, ear, nose and throat diseases, and may help relieve coughs. (source)
- Take supplements that break down the cell wall of the fungus and Caprylic Acid Capsules.
When dealing with sinus and respiratory infections, we support the whole body.
- A detailed nutrition plan which eliminates sugar, grains, processed food, dried fruit, and dairy is foundational. Everyone is different, and I recommend working with a functional medicine health care practitioner. My book, The Reclaim Diet, will be a good place to start.
- Increase intake of unrefined coconut oil to several tablespoons per day.
- Heal and seal your leaky gut with Bone Broth, Aloe Vera Juice, L-Glutamine. This is a comprehensive gut healing supplement.
Affiliate links are in this post. This is not medical advice. Consult with your physician.
Dealing with Post COVID-19 and vaccine injuryDecember 1st, 2023
Babassu OilNovember 18th, 2023
Castor Oil Uses and Castor Oil PacksNovember 13th, 2023
Penetrating Salve for Warts, Skin Tags, Corns or CallusesNovember 13th, 2023
Getting off Coffee?November 7th, 2023