The health benefits of Hawaiian Spirulina
What is spirulina? Let me tell you why I love it.
Spirulina is a blue-green microalgae with amazing health benefits. To avoid toxic contaminants and products from China, I only recommend Hawaiian Spirulina, which is grown naturally under the intense Hawaiian sun on the Big Island of Hawaii.
It naturally contains protein, iron, beta carotene, minerals, vitamin B12, zeaxanthin, chlorophyll, and phycocyanin.
One 3 gram serving has higher levels of some key antioxidants, enzymes, and minerals compared to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables. Ideal for vegans.
Farm to Bottle, this manufacturer controls the cultivation, harvest and processing of Hawaiian Spirulina. It is pesticide and herbicide free, non-GMO, free of gluten, soy, lactose, and preservatives.
- BOOSTS IMMUNITY & ENERGY – Clinical research shows spirulina boosts immunity by positively impacting antioxidant activity & immune markers in your body’s cells. Gram per gram, Hawaiian Spirulina has 3,900% more beta carotene than carrots & 31 times more antioxidant activity than the immune-boosting superfood, blueberries. This antioxidant capacity supports cellular health and immunity.
- SUPERIOR NUTRITION – Hawaiian Spirulina is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, and contains some of the highest levels of protein of any plant or animal source. This superfood contains up to 70% digestible, complete protein, high levels of iron, beta carotene, and other healthful nutrients including B12, vitamin K, chlorophyll, and phycocyanin.
- HIGHEST QUALITY & SAFETY – We grow our own product in a USA GMP certified facility with extensive quality control & lab testing of every batch. Vegan –Kosher – Halal – Gluten & Soy Free – No fillers, preservatives, or dyes – Farm to Bottle.
- NATURALLY GROWN IN THE USA – Hawaiian Spirulina is grown naturally in Kona, Hawaii, USA, since 1984.
- BETTER THAN ORGANIC– Because organic-labeled spirulina uses animal waste as fertilizer in the water, it’s ONLY *grown* outside the USA, usually in China, resulting in high levels of contaminates & heavy metals, bad taste & smell, & is usually irradiated.
o Spirulina Pacifica is a highly absorbable source of protein, mixed carotenoids and other phytonutrients, B-Vitamins, GLA and essential amino acids.
- complete nutrition – concentrated whole food source
- Immune stimulating compounds
- High level of carotenoids (zeaxanthan, beta-carotene)
- 60% protein, complete protein, all essential amino acids
- Gamma linolenic acid
Health Benefits (backed by scientific studies)
- increases energy and mental clarity
- weight loss
- regulate blood sugar and blood pressure
- cardiovascular benefits and reducing cholesterol
- decrease blood pressure
- improves the lipid profile
- lowers triglycerides & LDL
- increased HDL
- alleviates pain from inflammation
- delivers antioxidant activity to ward off life threatening diseases like cancer, Alzheimer’s heart disease and stroke;
- protects the liver and kidneys
- removes radiation from the body
- improves the immune system
- alleviates allergies
- anti-viral compounds:
- Researchers isolated a compound from spirulina 20 years ago that shows effectiveness against a variety of viruses: Herpes simplex, cytomegalovirus, measles, mumps, influenza A, and HIV-1.
- The compound works to prevent penetration of the virus into a cell.
- Cancer Preventive Potential
- Animal studies show spirulina’s potential to prevent cancer cells from growing and shrinks tumors
- Helps your eyes and brain
- Eases depression
- Supports weight loss
- Increases friendly flora in the intestines
- Improves digestion
An embarrassing list of benefits, but…it is not snake oil—just the power of real food!
Why does weight loss happen with spirulina ingestion?
- helps curb the appetite
- eliminates carb and junk food cravings
How to incorporate spirulina into daily life
Add 1 tsp per day to a smoothie or food, like eggs.
Ready to Reclaim your Health?
Weight Loss. Better Brain. More Energy.June 16th, 2020
Eczema. Allergies. Asthma. Find the root cause.June 5th, 2020
Pain and Inflammation? Here’s Help!June 2nd, 2020
Can Fabric Softener CAUSE Asthma?June 1st, 2020