How to Make Vegetable Bouillon
This recipe is prepared using an Instant Pot and VitaMix Blender.
- ½ cup water
- 2 yellow onions, quartered
- 6 carrots, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 4 celery stalks, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 3 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- (Do not put this in the Instant Pot. It is added at the end to the blender): 1 cup Nutritional yeast
- Put all ingredients into the Instant Pot (except the Nutritional Yeast).
- Close the Instant Pot and use the manual setting.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally.
- Transfer contents of the Instant Pot to the Vitamix Blender.
- Add 1 cup of Nutritional Yeast.
- Blend until smooth.
Storage and Use
- Freeze in silicone ice cube trays.
- Once frozen, pop the cubes out and store in freezer bags.
- Use 1 cube to replace a commercially prepared bouillon cube.
How to Freeze Dry the Mixture for Bouillon
- If you have a home freeze dryer, scoop the blended mixture onto two trays and freeze dry about 24 hours or until complete.
- Powder the end product and store in mylar bags or jars with oxygen absorbers.
- Use 1 Tbs of powder in recipes.