Beef Stew & Coconut Flour Bread Recipes
Here are two recipes that you will enjoy making and serving this fall.
Start the stew first then prepare the coconut flour bread while the pot simmers on the stove.
Grass-fed Beef Stew
- 2 pounds grass-fed beef stew meat
- 1 onion, sliced
- Coconut Oil
- 5 carrots cut into chunks
- 5 celery ribs cut into chunks
- 5 – 10 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 10 red potatoes, quartered
- 2 handfuls of fresh green beans
- 1 quart gluten-free organic beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 Tbs thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
In a heavy pot (I love the Le Creuset Dutch Oven), heat coconut oil, add meat. Brown the beef and onion in the oil.
Add the remaining ingredients (I don’t add the beans until the last 30 minutes of cooking time).
Cover and cook on low for 75 minutes or at least until the vegetables are tender. You may simmer for several hours and the meat will be much more tender.
Kelcie’s Coconut Flour Bread
- 8 pastured eggs
- 1 cup melted butter (Kerrygold)
- 2 Tbs raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
Mix ingredients. Pour into greased bread pan (We used Le Crueset Heritage Stoneware)
Bake at 350 for about 30 – 45 minutes.