Cacao Coconut Walnut Balls
I love recipes that aren’t so rigid that we have to fear failing.
This recipe started as an accident.
I wondered if I could grind walnuts to use to coat my chicken in a new fried chicken recipe.
No, you can’t. Ground walnuts are too moist (I instead used 1:1:1 mixture of almond flour, coconut flour, finely shredded coconut for my chicken. Dip in egg first, then this mixture.)
I decided to make dessert with the ground walnuts!
- 1 cup walnuts, ground (I used a Magic Bullet)
- 1 Tbs Raw Cacao Powder (Organic)
- 1/2 cup Organic Raw Shredded Coconut
- a few drops of Liquid Stevia
- I also threw in a few Organic Goji Berries for fun.
The mixture wasn’t holding together, so I added 1 Tbs melted Unrefined Coconut Oil
- Roll into balls. Freeze.
- Store in freezer and pop-at-will for a healthy, guilt-free dessert or snack.
Play around with the ratios, try different nuts, go easy on the dried fruit.
Don’t Eat Grocery Store Pickles – Make Your Own!August 1st, 2023
Paleo FajitasJuly 1st, 2023
Green Smoothie with Spirulina and CollagenJune 11th, 2023
Potatoes and PomeraniansJune 7th, 2023